LMDE FTW!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
5oak

LMDE FTW!

Post by 5oak »

Hi guys (and girls? :shock: ),

Yesterday I took the dive and installed LMDE on my laptop to dual boot with Win7. I use the latter only for some web sites that require Silverlight 4.0.

After some editing of fstab and the hibernate resume file (which both pointed to an incorrect UUID for my swap partition) I have to say this is awesome! Everything works as it should and better! The system is VERY responsive (definitely more so than Ubuntu) and even hibernate is working fine now (it didn't at first, but I think a kernel upgrade fixed this). I'm using the open source ATI drivers, because the proprietary drivers... well... suck (video tearing and what not).

All of this makes me wonder why I haven't been using Debian for the past few years in the first place. Oh wait... I know... LMDE wasn't born yet! :D

Just wanted to show my appreciation. Keep up the ace job!

Best regards,

5oak
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anzan

Re: LMDE FTW!

Post by anzan »

Yes, that was more or less the content of my first post here as well.
5oak

Re: LMDE FTW!

Post by 5oak »

anzan wrote:Yes, that was more or less the content of my first post here as well.
Cool. I read your post and agree with every part of it...

Also, that thread frightened me a little bit because of the unstable-soon-to-become-stable/testing 'warning'. However, I LOVE updates and upgrades! If it breaks my system, I (read: we) will try to fix it. If I can't, I'll reinstall. No big deal, 'cause I'm using it on my laptop which doesn't have any of my precious data on it. If all is well after the big update (no unrecoverable system) I will install LMDE on my desktop as well...:)

Return to “LMDE Archive”