Donations for Dedicated Hosting

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Donations for Dedicated Hosting

Post by clem »

Hi,

Linuxmint.com is hosted by Servage.net. The server is shared with other customers. When linuxmint.com receives too many visitors, the number of requests on the server goes higher and this generates a higher CPU load. Servage.net simply monitors the number of requests ran within a day, and if these get too high, it suspends the account for some amount of time. Basically, linuxmint.com will go down everytime the traffic on this website will get too important.

To solve this problem we're looking at dedicated hosting. However, Servage.net was more or less a $10/month option and the google ads we used could cover that. Dedicated hosting will probably be around 50-100$/month.

If you can make a contribution and help us on this, even if it is $20, $5 or even a simple $1 donation, together we should be able to afford a dedicated host.

A donation button was added to the main page: http://linuxmint.com/

Also, if you know of a good dedicated host, please tell us... we've never required one before and we don't really know where to look for.

Thanks for everybody on this. I hope this problem will be solved soon. In the meantime, our website and forum will still be up, but probably only half of the time :).
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Post by d00p »

clem, we could work something out..we have another rootserver with unlimited traffic which we will use for further downloads...if you want to, you can host linuxmint.com there for a few bucks (like 10$/month or so)
visit LinTelligence.de - Download LinuxMint
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately Servage.net also seemed to offer unlimited traffic (in bandwitdth that is... 2100GB). The problem was the CPU load... no, we really need a dedicated server. Shared hosting is not an option.
starkey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by starkey »

I don't have credit card, is there's other way to donate?????
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Post by d00p »

if clem has a paypal account you could use that way :P
visit LinTelligence.de - Download LinuxMint
starkey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by starkey »

d00p, can you explain me, I don't get it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “Releases & Announcements”