When be released LMDE on this December what day?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
PietroTux88

Post by PietroTux88 »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hellnest

Re: When be released LMDE on this December what day?

Post by hellnest »

Do you mean the 64Bit Edition?
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Like all Mint releases, it will be released when the developers and testers think it is ready. There is no fixed release date.

I can tell you that the development version has not yet been sent to testing. You can follow the progress once the ISO is sent to testing by logging on to the Community Site and clicking ISO images under Testing.
pappfer

Post by pappfer »

The blog post doesn't tell anything about an improved update manager which would fit LMDE's rolling nature. Any idea when can we expect this?
Timmi

Post by Timmi »

I was under the impression this would have been ready DEC04.
On the blog we can read,
Most of the improvements and features related to Linux Mint 10 were added to the LMDE repositories today. Improvements to the Software Manager should become available tomorrow.
and that is dated DEC 02... suggesting that by the 3rd everything should be complete.

However, if we go to the download page, we can see that:
Linux Mint Debian (201009)
is still up there.

So I guess my question is: was there a change of plans? did it have to be pulled? or is that a typo?
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

Both Linux Mint and Debian have a "release it when it is done" way of doing things so Linux Mint Debian would be likely even more so.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Timmi,

Most of the upgraded packages that will be in the new release of LMDE are available for addition to the current release via Update Manager.

The new release itself will take a bit longer to put together and test since the development team and testers are busy right now with the various versions of Mint 10 and the lead developer for LMDE is not available right now for personal reasons.
voss749
Level 2
Level 2

Post by voss749 »

Most of us are not concerned so much with the new release of 32 bit(most of the people who want 32 bit lmde already have it and can just do the updates)
as opposed to ANY version of the 64 bit lmde.

Return to “LMDE Archive”