Linux Mint Gnome or XFCE to Fluxbox?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ductiletoaster
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint Gnome or XFCE to Fluxbox?

Post by ductiletoaster »

Ok simple scenario I want and need to have a 64 bit os so i can run some 64 bit only applications. Also so I can utilize my system to its fullest potential. However the machine is a server i use for development and though i need it to be light weight i stil need a gui for some applications. So i liked Linux Mint Fluxbox alot. I always like Flux but never took the time to really learn it. I really liked some of the features the LM team as placed ino there fluxbox version....but its only 32bit from what i can tell.

SOOOOO.... I want to install a 64bit version of Mint and then install the required packages to make it just like the LM flux version.
If any one can point me to a guide that will do this i would appreciate it.

I am plenty familiar with terminal and Debian based linux so im not shy! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ductiletoaster
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint Gnome or XFCE to Fluxbox?

Post by ductiletoaster »

I found this one:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=22864

Not sure this is everything to make the transition totally like the Flux version of mint though
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

I usually prefer Xfce to build Fluxbox on, has more apps I like, so less to replace / remove.
If you use Nautilus, you need to tell it not to run your desktop for example, while Thunar does not.
ductiletoaster
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ductiletoaster »

Ok im not simply looking to add fluxbox as a window manager like u might for ubuntu.... cuz i have done that. I want to get the same feel as Linux MInt 9 Fluxbox version but for a 64bit mint

Any guide or what not would be great. Thanks for the advice i would probably use XFCE then

Return to “Software & Applications”