Hi

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
felis silvestris

Hi

Post by felis silvestris »

I've just installed Linux Mint 10 from the coverdisc on the new issue of Linux Format. It has replaced Ubuntu Lucid on my laptop (ThinkPad x100e). Everything works fine, the only tweaks I've made are a matter of personal preference. I look forward to seeing how it settles in. The only thing that strikes me on first acquaintance is whether I'll ever find myself using the 'computer' and 'home' icons on the desktop, when I can get to anything I need from the menu at the bottom of the screen. Yours, the Sussex Wildcat.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Hi

Post by willie42 »

Welcome to Linux Mint Forums
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Forums. You know you can go to Menu>Preferences>Desktop Settings and uncheck the computer and home folder to take them off the desktop. First thing I usually do. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello felis silvestris,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

hallo and welcome to the forum
felis silvestris

Post by felis silvestris »

Thanks to everyone who has replied here for making me feel welcome, & specifically to tdockery97 for the advice that has made my desktop that bit less cluttered ...
jesica

Post by jesica »

tdockery97 wrote:Welcome to the Forums. You know you can go to Menu>Preferences>Desktop Settings and uncheck the computer and home folder to take them off the desktop. First thing I usually do. :D
I also do that

Return to “Introduce Yourself”