Hey from NZ

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MattDobson

Hey from NZ

Post by MattDobson »

Hi everyone, normally I am lurking around at the Ubuntu forum but I thought I would try the latest Mint, and I must say I am pretty happy with it.

I am from New Zealand and I am a Metalhead. I think that explains me in a nutshell. I am normally straight to the point and this is clearly no exception :).

I don't know a lot about Ubuntu\Mint\Linux but I will try to help as much as I can. Thanks for having me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hey from NZ

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Matt, glad to have you here.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello MattDobson,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

hallo and welcome to the forum
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Forum - the friendliest forum on the internet. I, too, am from New Zealand (Henderson) and have been using Mint since v3.0 Cassandra. At present I use Mint - LMDE and can't see myself changing, although I did give Julia a whirl.
MattDobson

Post by MattDobson »

tenfoot wrote:Welcome to LinuxMint and the Forum - the friendliest forum on the internet. I, too, am from New Zealand (Henderson) and have been using Mint since v3.0 Cassandra. At present I use Mint - LMDE and can't see myself changing, although I did give Julia a whirl.
Hey, I'm from Napier. I havent been to Henderson for a very long time. I do like Mint, and I plan on keeping for a long time :).

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Ah! my favourite New Zealand city.
MattDobson

Post by MattDobson »

tenfoot wrote:Ah! my favourite New Zealand city.
Hey thats funny, it's mine too :) Not today though the weather is decidedly average.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint Forums.

I few years back I spent an extended holiday (7weeks) backpacking my way around NZ.

Had a blast, met some great people. NZ was prettier than I could have imagined.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”