PPA's not updating in package manager[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guan

PPA's not updating in package manager[SOLVED]

Post by Guan »

Hello everyone,
I just upgraded from LM 9 32 bit to LM 10 64 bit. Smooth upgrade process, a hiccup or two but nothing I couldn't fix. However, I noticed when I added the PPA's for the dev version of WINE and for Pylotro, I can't find the packages that correspond to those PPA's. I entered the PPA's under the other software tab in the package manager, reloaded the package list afterwards and for whatever reason the new packages don't show. Anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: PPA's not updating in package manager

Post by JasonLG »

Guan wrote:Hello everyone,
I just upgraded from LM 9 32 bit to LM 10 64 bit. Smooth upgrade process, a hiccup or two but nothing I couldn't fix. However, I noticed when I added the PPA's for the dev version of WINE and for Pylotro, I can't find the packages that correspond to those PPA's. I entered the PPA's under the other software tab in the package manager, reloaded the package list afterwards and for whatever reason the new packages don't show. Anyone have any suggestions?
Does the PPA have 64bit packages in it?
Guan

Post by Guan »

Not sure. It didn't even occur to me to check that. However, I was able to use aptitude to install pylotro. For wine, I was able to get 1.3 directly from the wine website. I'm not sure what to do if this occurs again in the future though.
samboosa

Post by samboosa »

I had this problem aswell with a program 'jdownloader' - add the repository from the command line then update synaptic from;

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:blablabla

sudo apt-get update

Then go to synaptic, it should work now :) If not, install from command line?
Guan

Post by Guan »

I haven't had any issues with this for several versions. Marking as solved.

Return to “Beginner Questions”