LMDE Moves Up

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

LMDE Moves Up

Post by tdockery97 »

I'm very pleased that my prediction came true regarding usage of LMDE. If you look at my posts in September/October period, I predicted that by the end of the year LMDE would move up to become the 3rd most used Mint Edition (based on registration on Community Website). I don't really look at "64-bit Edition" as an edition; to me it is more of an architecture variation that can apply to several different editions. In my eyes, LMDE has moved up to second position behind the Mint Main edition in usage. Looks like LMDE is difinitely here to stay boys and girls.

Congratulations to Clem and Ikey on the success of the LMDE experiment.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
voss749
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE Moves Up

Post by voss749 »

LMDE is really a matter of getting the distro out there and then updates can be dripped as necessary.

I will probably install the release candidate as soon as it is out there.
Kittum

Post by Kittum »

tdockery97 wrote: Congratulations to Clem and Ikey on the success of the LMDE experiment.
I will second that. :D
JohnnyC35

Post by JohnnyC35 »

LMDE is currently with Gnome right? Has anything been said about other debian versions: lxde, kde, etc?
JohnnyC35

Post by JohnnyC35 »

oops found an answer in the lmde FAQ: Nothing planned yet
:(
Dyfi

Post by Dyfi »

Hi,

Of all the numerous linux distros I have tried LMDE has given the best overall performance and personal enjoyment!

I would like to see Ubuntu permanently dumped from the Mint six monthly releases and use Debian as the base for it all. I will try a little prayer at bedtime!

Regards,

Dyfi
autumncorvus

Post by autumncorvus »

As soon as the 64-bit LMDE is out I'll be installing it on all my computers - no more Ubuntu or buntu-derivative for me anymore.
specmod0

Post by specmod0 »

I would like for them to dump ubuntu, But they have to get ubuntu users over here some how... and they gotta port stuff over that makes ubutnu good...
ruscook

Post by ruscook »

Kittum wrote:
tdockery97 wrote: Congratulations to Clem and Ikey on the success of the LMDE experiment.
I will second that. :D
+2 thanks guys, a very fast and usable distro - I love rolling releases and haven't booted into Arch for nearly 2 months :-)

Return to “LMDE Archive”