Printer install files

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Printer install files

Post by cato40 »

I am presently running Mint 7 On my wifes PC. I am in the process of updating to Mint 9 or 10 ,and ,since I had alot of
trouble to get my Brother DCP-115C multifunction device to work, I was wondering which files that pertain to said printer , could be saved ,and then used
to install said printer when I have installed the latest Mint.
Thanking you,
cato40 :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pythagorean

Re: Printer install files

Post by pythagorean »

Well, the brother site does have Linux drivers and its not too hard to find through any search engine, but sometimes its easier to just get a newer linux compatible printer since they practically give them away anymore. My Canon MP250 cost $30... roughly one third the price of my video card. You know?
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... index.html

there is a link to the site for the cups and lpr drivers. I have a Brother hl 2170 and this is where I got mine. Make sure you pic the .deb files and you should be grand.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

THanks folks. I shall endeavour to install the files as needed.
cato40 :)
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

I have been trying to scan with my Brother DCP-115C ,using the MFC-210C drivers as per the Brother website , but I have not had the luck as when I used Mint 9 .Presently I am trying to scan on Mint14 ,Mate .I keep getting the following error message.
failed to open device " brother 2:bus3; dev1":
invalid argument.
Thanks for any suggestions .
cato40 :(
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Printer install files(Solved)

Post by cato40 »

Success : Solved , I followed the instructions as per

Brother DCP-130C not scanning in Linux Mint 14 32bit

Postby mikebalemi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm ,and Voilla I was able to scan a Doc.
Thanks ,once again for such a brainy group of Mint -lovers. It is an AWESOME DISTRO.
cato40 :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”