Linux Mint 10 LXDE Theming Proposal

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
canci

Linux Mint 10 LXDE Theming Proposal

Post by canci »

Hello! :)

I made a theming proposal for the upcoming Linux Mint 10 LXDE edition. It is supposed to mimic the new Linux Mint X theme
as much as possible. I mainly used work already there in Linux Mint, but had to make an Openbox theme.

Wallpaper: I think the standard wallpaper is really cool, but makes me a little bit depressed, so I took kampongboy92's wallpaper.
It's available as one of the default wallpapers.

GTK and icon themes are the ones from Linux Mint 10 Gnome -- Mint-X .

Openbox theme: Mint-X-Openbox (which I basically modified from john007's great Unified theme.) Consider my work to be GPL.

Fonts are all Ubuntu size 9, with the active window title bar text bold.

Screenshots:

Desktop with original image

Desktop with kampongboy92's image

PCManFM

Start menu

I have tried as much as I could to make Openbox's menus and OSD look like Mint X:

Mint-X GTK menus

Openbox menus

Openbox's Desktop switching OSD

I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you :)

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yonatan

Re: Linux Mint 10 LXDE Theming Proposal

Post by yonatan »

Very cool man,

you should verify if Firefox is ok with GTK+ theme. In Mint LXDE 9 I've got problems :
linux mint lxde gtk theme glitch.jpg
Wallpaper is perfect, overall looking clean!

Jonathan
canci

Post by canci »

@yonatan: Tnx for the feedback! I also think kampongboy did a great work with the wallpaper.
As for the theme, the old theme you are showing (Shiki-Wise) is not used in Mint 10, and I think
we should use the new one that is in Mint 10 Gnome (Mint-X). It looks more modern and much cleaner.
Also, I don't have that glitch on Firefox.
jesica

Post by jesica »

well done
canci

Post by canci »

TNX :)
Imhoteps

Post by Imhoteps »

Great work, canci! Really great. New menus look brilliant. In my opinion Mint-team should take some of your ideas `bout theming and menus as a part of it. Well, let`s see what guys will offer (if LXDE #10 will ever come out).
P.S. Oh - Happy new year, bro!
canci

Post by canci »

Thanks. Happy New Year! :) I don't see a reason why the LXDE version shouldn't come out. Of course, all the spin offs were always a bit late, but that's to be expected, as I am sure that not many users actually work on LXDE, Fluxbox and Xfce.
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

Last I knew, Kendall was the Maintainer for LXDE and Fluxbox. Has Merlwiz taken over those as well?

I know Kendall has done a lot with Peppermint OS and Peppermint Ice. He's probably just building it up to be the next best.

Thanks All,
Dave
canci

Post by canci »

I honestly wouldn't know. Just wanted to contribute with a theme...
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

canci.
I really preferred your theme submission for Debian Squeeze. I still find it odd that SpaceFun won out, but that theme is not that bad after a while. It grows on you. :wink:
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
canci

Post by canci »

rivenathos wrote:canci.
I really preferred your theme submission for Debian Squeeze. I still find it odd that SpaceFun won out, but that theme is not that bad after a while. It grows on you. :wink:
Tnx! :) SpaceFun's wallpaper isn't bad with Shiki Brave and gnome brave icons, or Faenza Cupertino.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

I am running SpaceFun with Clearlooks and the GNOME-Brave icons. Surprisingly, all those blues look pretty darn good together.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

On my best days I'm sub par when it comes to theming anything. Thanks for the contribution. :wink:
canci

Post by canci »

Kendall wrote:On my best days I'm sub par when it comes to theming anything. Thanks for the contribution. :wink:
No problem. :) I'm ambivalent towards theming. Sometimes I don't care, but sometimes a certain colour just freaks me out and I have to change the theme. It's odd...
Ikem

Post by Ikem »

I made a similar Openbox theme here.

cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

Ikem wrote:I made a similar Openbox theme here.

Yeah, I actually saw this theme there today (along with the SolusOS one). I've downloaded both and they look pretty nice (although I don't have the gtk theme b/c I'm not using true mint right now).

Return to “Your Artwork”