New Userbars

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: New Userbars

Post by tdockery97 »

Well, you have the Moderator, here's the regular User:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
gazza

Post by gazza »

thanks tdockery97

But it would be nice to get the shell, no type except for Linux Mint, I did try to make a user/moderator one with what you gave me, but it doesn't look quiet right , and I want the best if I'm using it in the forums. I used to be a printer by trade so guess I'm fussy. What's everyones opinion?

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

The Moderator userbar you are already using looks pretty good to me.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
gazza

Post by gazza »

This is a rough draft of what I'm wanting to do, but as I said before, I need the shell for the userbar to have the right background, and I realised when making this one, that I don't have the right font either.

Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

It's looking good gazza,
There isn't an "official" font - you can use whatever you like.
If you are trying to get a similar look to Zwopper's userbars try one of the following fonts:-
Apple Garamond,Centabel Book,Campanero,Lymphatic or Old Standard (I just compared it to fonts on my system)
Any fonts that are not part of a default Mint install I got from http://www.dafont.com/
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

gazza wrote:This is a rough draft of what I'm wanting to do, but as I said before, I need the shell for the userbar to have the right background, and I realised when making this one, that I don't have the right font either.

Hi there!
"The shell" is actually this wallpaper scaled down... Click!
As for the font, I think I used "Dolphin"but I'm not sure; i'll have to search my old hard drives...
The original xcf file is also lurking on one of my old drives, I'll try to find it.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Thanks for this info, Zwopper! I think I may try to recolor the background in blue to create a new Mint KDE Userbar, but I'm glad to have the sources you used to create the bars in the first place. YOU ROCK! 8)

ETA: D'oh! I already have a blue one. I still want to tweak where the KDE logo fits though. If I can find the source for the blue background I may do a complete do-over but in the meantime my current bar still bugs me every time I see it.
Last edited by BostonPeng on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
caprus

Post by caprus »

I hate to sound like a grinch here, but I have to point out that some of the bars I've been seeing lately are getting a little fancier than need be (IMHO). I say this for several reasons.
  • Some of them (the minority to be sure) take up so much real estate that they're really annoying.
    Some are even animated (also the minority, thankfully). Very distracting.
    I just saw one on another thread that was 74k in size. If this trend continues it'll take those readers still dealing with limited bandwidth forever to view a popular post.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Thanks Zwopper for the original wallpaper :) , I'll have a search of http://www.dafont.com/ for the font as oscar799 suggested. Sorry it took so long to reply, but as eveyone knows it's been difficult to get on the forums lately. This project is not urgent to me, so it'll be a bit of time till I have gimped together a userbar for viewing and discusion/approval.

Thanks also caprus , I wasn't aware of the size issue, and glad my draft came in at 18.6k. But am aware that some are huge and gaudy. Also the fact that some people have several, which hogs up a lot of room. That is the reason for my attempting this. I want it clear to anyone who sees my posts, that I am not only a moderator here, but also a Channel op at linuxmint IRC and that I use the main edition , not kde, or xfce etc.

One other issue has cropped up since I started this. the term "IRCop" I was under the assumption this meant simply ' an op on IRC', after a little discussion with several op's I found that only Kuja can claim that title and all others are just Chan-op's , channel ops. It was suggested by the few who discussed this with me that I keep "IRCop' for the main reason that the term IRC is more easily recognized, as the whole point is to show the average user what I am so in the event that they wish to discuss my action/response , they can log into IRC and talk live.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

gazza wrote:I wasn't aware of the size issue, and glad my draft came in at 18.6k. But am aware that some are huge and gaudy.
I too think some of the originals look to large, and cut down the size of my Mint userbar a while back.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
COKEDUDE

Post by COKEDUDE »

Could someone change this one to say Linux Mint? And change it again to be green and say Linux Mint?
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

I rather like that bar, cokedude, although you're right that if it promotes GNOME the blue really should be green.
jesica

Post by jesica »

COKEDUDE wrote:Image

Could someone change this one to say Linux Mint? And change it again to be green and say Linux Mint?
I like the coke one , haha
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Well I had Zwopper make this sig for me but if you want it green here you go. :D
Fireflies Desktop Customizer Requested By mmesantos.png
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

The one I made for mmesantos1 is based on Galactic Fireflies
recolored and modified a little...
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

if you have created your userbar, what format do you save it in to work on the internet
Cythes

Post by Cythes »

johonunu wrote:Here is my try on creating userbar, I'm still learning Gimp ! :
Hope you like it :D
Yo man, thanks for making those! I ended up modifying it to have my name on it. Still its epic:) Thanks!
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Hmm...there's a bit of a problem with this image:

I can see the transparency checkerboard behind it :? but otherwise, its awesome :mrgreen:
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

I came back and looked through this thread to see what userbars are available since I can't get at my old image files (I have the hard drives from my old comp but no way yet to access them on my new laptop) and I see many of the old images and the page on the Mint wiki seem to be MIA. Does anyone have links to where they can be found now? I'm thinking of using some of the base images as a label for my laptop.

@andrew5859:
I love that LMDE KDE you're sporting. Would you mind if I pinched it and used it as well?
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

I tried making some userbars also but I already posted them here.

Here are some samples (there are more on my original post):

To see my original post click here.
If you want to download them click here.

Return to “Your Artwork”