Concering the split of Linux Mint.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

Are you feeling left out?

Imagine how non English speaking people must feel if the only language spoken in a forum is English!

I think that you have no complaint, the community isn't split, it is very accommodating.

I think you have a couple of options:

1. Learn some Spanish. It's always a great thing to learn a second language, and Spanish is very handy ino matter where you live.

2. Write some articles. Think that there too many Spanish articles? I think there are too few English articles.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I don't have a problem with it. After all, Mint is a European distro. You can always use Google translate. It amazes me how well many Europeans can write English when it's not their native language.

I can read American English and some UK English and a little bit of Canadian! (fwiw).
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

The growth of the Spanish Community is mostly due to its members. There are highly involved and active people in there (look at Maty for instance, Agust, Gadi...etc..etc..). Not only do they make a great Spanish community but they also participate in the English threads (Maty for instance is very active within the Dev team, Agust is very active in the Artwork dev section of the forum).

In terms of users the Spanish community is actually smaller than the German, French, or even Italian one. Yes, that's right... there are more German people visiting linuxmint.com than there are from Spain, Argentina, Mexico, etc..etc.. but you don't need a lot of people to make something great.

The Spanish Community has become something exceptional, with a life of its own and a lot of momentum. I hope others communities could do the same (French, German, Italian and Polish for instance have a lot of users but they don't communicate at all).

There is no split, quite the opposite. If you're a non-English speaker do take example on this Spanish Community and start pushing your own.

As for the planet, it couldn't be called a planet if it only represented one part of the World. All languages are welcome of course.

Clem
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

Your English is quite good for a non-native speaker, for sure way better than my Icelandic.

If you want to start a Norwegian community, I'll join to show my solidarity! :D

Of course, I don't speak or write anything but English and Spanish, so that might be a hindrance, but we can get past that, right? :P

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”