HD-DVD Drive Not Found

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have seen a similar problem in the forum. I'll bump this so I'll see it later on hopefully with a solution
In the meantime please tell us what hardware you have
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

That's an impressive piece of laptop :)
I believe there are solutions to all your problems, except for the dvd one, in the forum - just search for it - or on the internet, then you search for solutions in Ubuntu which works mostly
The cd problem might have to do with the chipset but it is supported now, so.....
I can't find anything about problems with dvd and santa rosa (to many hits "off topic") and I'd need "hands on" for this...
Try to figure out exactly what drive you have and then google for that model and "santa rosa"
Don't hesitate to come back, but at the moment I don't have anything up my sleeve :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is a device manager in Mint too - in the menu > Hardware information
or type dev in the searchbox in the menu
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes there is a bug in the device manager in Celena beta (to be resolved of course :))
Husse

Post by Husse »

There are differences and as time goes Mint drifts further away from Ubuntu. I can't think of anything except possibly the kernel
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well xorg.conf is not the file to look at for a problem with a DVD drive - but fstab is (/etc/fstab)
I need some help here - how did you install
that is more than one drive? Never on a laptop I think :)
So it reads and burns CD discs OK?
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you can't use the DVD player how did you manage to install?
At least in the fstab files I've seen the cd has never been hda but hdb or hdb and hdc so try to change to hdb
Your post immediately before this appeared after I originally posted this - strange
Is there a folder in /media called cdrom1?
There should be one probably called cdrom0 or the same as in "Computer"
You must have a disc inserted if you right click and select mount
Husse

Post by Husse »

It seems that your system thinks it has two CD players and gets confused
Did you try to change the CD to hdb in fstab?

Return to “Hardware Support”