gpointing-device-settings new .deb available

Contribute DEB packages
Forum rules
No support questions here please

gpointing-device-settings new .deb available

Postby remoulder on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

If anyone is using gpointing-device-settings to control their touchpad and is frustrated with the version in the repos not saving settings, I have built a .deb package for i386 (32bit) on mint 8 from the latest sourceforge release 1.5.1 which solves this and also has a speed tab. This is attached to post. If you already have gpds installed, please completely remove before installing this version.
gpds-1.5.1.7z
gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-1_i386.deb
(274.38 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

In light of difficulties some users seem to be having, please note the following.

The attachment is a 7zip file, you will need to install 7zip to extract it. This is because .deb is not allowed as an attachment in the forums.

If you have gpds already installed from the repo, you must completely remove it and the dependent libraries, in particular libgpds0, otherwise neither version will run. If you're not sure how to do this ask.

Once installed it should appear in the mintmenu as Pointing devices under Preferences.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: gpointing-device-settings new .deb available

Postby remoulder on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:41 am

Unfortunately still doesn't seem to save settings over reboot.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: gpointing-device-settings new .deb available

Postby Sjonnie on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 am

remoulder wrote:Unfortunately still doesn't seem to save settings over reboot.

It does for me, but it does reverts to the default setting when it comes out of sleep mode.

I use the trackpoint on my thinkpad, and everytime I come out of sleepmode, I need to disable the touchpad again and enable the scrollbutton for my trackpoint. I hope this will get fixed soon with some kind of update, or are there some hidden settings I overlooked.
Sjonnie
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Packages