Can't find needed keyboard layout

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fluxbox-beginner

Can't find needed keyboard layout

Post by fluxbox-beginner »

Hi! I was Gnome user till now, and i really like the slickness of the fluxbox, i don't care much about the layout switching app for the panel, this is not a problem. I simply cannot find one of the layouts in System tools/preferences/keyboard and mouse, it is just not there? What do i do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Can't find needed keyboard layout

Post by Elisa »

fluxbox-beginner

Wow mate! the second link is such an easy way to do it! thanks bro!
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

I am not bro but never mind :lol: Don't forget to change 1st post subject adding [SOLVED] :wink:
fluxbox-beginner

Hi mate! Sorry for being late but i cant manage to do it)
You gave me two links, the first talks about /etc/default/keyboard file which i don't have... and the second talks about editing xorg.conf where i need to edit the section "input device" which i also don't have. My xorg.conf looks like:

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
DefaultDepth 24
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
EndSection

and there is no section "keyboard" should i create it or what, or just please advise me what to do exactly?

Thank u very very much for attention and your patience
0pt1m4

Post by 0pt1m4 »

I cant figure out a way to change my keybard layout. I want to switch the Caps Lock with the Left-Ctrl, and then disable the bottom Lef-Ctrl. There is no option for that. I am using Linux Mint Debian Xfce version.

Return to “Software & Applications”