What If All the World Ran Linux?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JonM33

What If All the World Ran Linux?

Post by JonM33 »

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... linux.html

I don't agree with anything that the writer says. Malware would take a hit? If everyone ran Linux then what OS do you think hackers would write malware for? Worldwide savings? No, because that requires OPEN SOURCE. Some, such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED), are not free.

Better software? Well, then I might agree there. If Linux had the same quality of developers and QA that Windows software has then there would be a LOT better software...for Linux. I think that's an admittance that current Linux software is lacking.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: What If All the World Ran Linux?

Post by jesica »

nice one, I saw it
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I for one hope Linux never "catches on" in the sense you and others discuss. As long as we are considered a sliver of the pie, we remain an unworthy target for the nasties out there. There will always be enough of us to enjoy the fellowship of legally sharing software. If you think it's a waste of time JonM33, and doesn't have a much to offer as Windows, I'm sure your buddies on the Windows forums are waiting for you.
Last edited by tdockery97 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

What If All the World Ran Linux? All the Window trolls would be homeless.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

tdockery97 wrote:I for one hope Linux never "catches on" in the sense you and others discuss. As long as we are considered a sliver of the pie, we remain an unworthy target for the nasties out there. There will always be enough of us to enjoy the fellowship of legally sharing software. If you think it's a waste of time JonM33, and doesn't have a much to offer as Windows, I'm sure your buddies on the Windows forums are waiting for you.

I agree with Tdockery97. We would have more peace in the world today :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
colyn

Post by colyn »

monkeyboy wrote:What If All the World Ran Linux? All the Window trolls would be homeless.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

tdockery97 wrote:I for one hope Linux never "catches on" in the sense you and others discuss. As long as we are considered a sliver of the pie, we remain an unworthy target for the nasties out there. There will always be enough of us to enjoy the fellowship of legally sharing software. If you think it's a waste of time JonM33, and doesn't have a much to offer as Windows, I'm sure your buddies on the Windows forums are waiting for you.
I'm defending LInux in this thread.

Get off your Windows hating high horse already.
cliste

Post by cliste »

In fairness you'd probably move to OpenBSD, this keeping both 'coolness' and an obscure system protected from Malware!

Return to “Chat about Linux”