LMDE 12/10 install/update issue

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
runbei

LMDE 12/10 install/update issue

Post by runbei »

The 12/2010 LMDE 64-bit installed nicely, but I had trouble after MintUpdate downloaded and installed 128 items.

During the update, MintUpdate paused and asked if I wanted to retain the older version of a file or overwrite it with a newer version. I chose to keep the older version, as I had the same error messages when I installed the Sept/2009 LMDE and chose to install the newer files (at that install there were 600+ updates and several options to chose older/newer files).

Here are the error message I received upon rebooting after MintUpdate. When the boot completed, there was no MintMenu at all, only the hide-desktop icon at far left. Oddly, the messages did not reappear when I rebooted again - and I now see the MintMenu just fine. A self-healing issue?

Anyway, looking good so far. Wish I'd recorded the missing error messages and taken note of the update for which I chose the older file; but I won't fix it if it ain't broken.

1. Could not update ICEauthority file...

2. There is a problem with the configuration server (/usr/lib/libconf2-4/gconf-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256)...

3. Error message that I didn't catch...

4. Nautilus could not create the following folders: /home/runbei/Desktop, /home/runbei/.nautilus...

5. The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:Gnome-MintMenu"...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: LMDE 12/10 install/update issue

Post by tdockery97 »

I got the popup asking whether to retain old configuration or go with the new one, but I chose to go with the new one. I did not get the error messages afterward like you described, and nothing noticable changed in my system.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

the error messages is like the same config files that are with the old LMDE are not going to work with the install. This is very interesting due to work I have not been able to install the new one yet. But it tells me I need to choose the new instead of trying to stay with the old.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
adamgm10

Post by adamgm10 »

Hey I was trying to install linux mint 10 and I can't get pass the part when it checks for my battery life memory and internet connection!

I left my computer on all night but it wasn't done loading to the next part!

Help!
runbei

Post by runbei »

I solved the problem I originally posted above. Turned out LMDE had trouble with the fact I had two hard disks in the system and one was an IDE drive, the other SATA. I replaced the IDE sedond drive with a SATA and no longer had the problem.

Return to “LMDE Archive”