Fresh LMDE x64 install -Question-

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Vassago

Fresh LMDE x64 install -Question-

Post by Vassago »

Just did a new install on a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5939. Everything works fine out of the box, except for the "FN" keys but I knew they wouldn't to begin with. My one question concerns an error message that displays briefly right after the grub menu.

[ 0.336622] pci 0000:02:00.0: BAR 6: no parent found for of device [0xfffe0000-0xffffffff]

It lasts for 3 or 4 seconds then the machine boots normal. I think it may be a kernel bug. Anyone else seeing this error message?

The message may be referencing either the intel graphics, wifi or the realtek NIC.

All the hardware and system work great btw. Thanks Mint team!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linmint777

Re: Fresh LMDE x64 install -Question-

Post by linmint777 »

is an old bug that I see has reappeared on the next page https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/32238/detailing what and there is a patch available.
excuse my English
PaulW

BAR6: no parent found for of device

Post by PaulW »

I'm getting this also. Searched around and it seems that this is a known bug in Debian. Some patches have been posted, but I'm not too eager to attempt a patch to a new install. Now that I have a rolling linux install, should I expect this to be fixed in the near future? Has anyone applied any of the patches mentioned with success?

BTW, after a few getting started glitches, I am very pleased with LMDE!

Return to “LMDE Archive”