identi.ca

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: identi.ca

Post by Husse »

Group here
I'll make this topic sticky
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

I have been using identi.ca for a while now. I get all of the latest updates on Mint happenings. There is not a whole lot of chatter right now, I agree, but I know people in this forum can liven things up.

I do not use any special program or application with identi.ca. It is very easy to have identi.ca work with Pidgin, so you get the messages just like any other protocol. It will probably work with Kopete, as well, but I have not tried that yet.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
phibxr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by phibxr »

rivenathos wrote:I have been using identi.ca for a while now. I get all of the latest updates on Mint happenings. There is not a whole lot of chatter right now, I agree, but I know people in this forum can liven things up.

I do not use any special program or application with identi.ca. It is very easy to have identi.ca work with Pidgin, so you get the messages just like any other protocol. It will probably work with Kopete, as well, but I have not tried that yet.
I will need to check this out, haven't investigated identi.ca yet. Is it a good channel for getting open source/Linux-news? :)
http://opentechblog.com - exploring open source and open solutions
Twitter @Opentechblog
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

I know this is an old sticky, but I wanted to post and say that Gwibber works great with identi.ca. The Linux Mint group is still around, but it appears not many of the new people know we exist. Does anyone want to show some love to open source and identi.ca? This is a great way to get timely updates about Linux Mint happenings.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

^ I am still here ... and there, too.

I am one of the original members of the icenti.ca/Mint Group. Perhaps, we have been 'slacking' in keeping identi.ca updated with the Mint Happenings. :oops:

gwibber works well with identi.ca ... I use an App called Pino as my social client, for these types of chats.

Pino is in the Mint (LMDE) repros, and easily installed and configured.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

@vrkalak - With the recent downtime of the forums, it would have been great to get notifications via identi.ca in regards to what was going on. I agree that the identi.ca group needs some attention, as well as promoting identi.ca itself.
GoatZz

Post by GoatZz »

Is Identi.CA a specialty social network? What is it used for mainly? I've been curious.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

identi.ca is somewhat similar to Twitter, and used heavily with the free software and open source software people. It's much more powerful than Twitter; both feature wise and freedom wise. http://status.net/wiki/Identi.ca

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”