2 more problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jesica

2 more problems

Post by jesica »

1 - I have installed Picasa, but it does not show any ware except if I opens it up in a terminal, how can i correct this

2 - my laptop scroll pad does not double click, how can i correct this
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linXea

Re: 2 more problems

Post by linXea »

How to make shortcut depends on if you run picasa in wine or using picasa 3(beta) for linux. Generally there are two ways to create a shortcut. The traditional way would be to make a symlink from ~/Desktop to the launcher(icon on desktop). If you're using gnome-desktop, just rightclick on the desktop and select "new shortcut" and put the path to picasa there. If you want the shortcut in menu, you have to edit the menu-entries, usually rightclick on menubutton and 'edit'. The path to start will be the same.

For picasa in wine the shortcut should be something like; /opt/google/picasa/3.0/wine/drive_c/Program Files/Google/Picasa3

For the beta version native for linux, the shortcut should already the in [Applications --> Graphics --> Picasa]
jesica

Post by jesica »

the problem is their is no path to picasa in the menu, but if i search for it in terminal, it is installed
cecar

Post by cecar »

I run Gnome in swedish so i dont know what it is called on an english system. If you rightclick on menu button and choose "reload plugins" or something it should show up in the menu under "graphics".
jesica

Post by jesica »

fix thanks :mrgreen:

now to just get my mouse pad sorted
cecar

Post by cecar »

Check in control panel in mousesettings. You should have a tab for touchpad. Check if the box for mouseclick is enabled..
jesica

Post by jesica »

awesome thanks

now everything I want is working

Return to “LMDE Archive”