[SOLVED] Weather applet issues

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Weather applet issues

Post by malligt »

The gnome weather applet (bottom right corner) has decided not to display the temperature when I log in. I now have to constantly reconfirm my hometown setting to get the weather applet to work properly EVERY TIME I log in.

In summary, when I shutdown or log off, the "home" information is not retained by this applet.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

LMDE 201009 32 bit.

EDIT:

I just installed ntp from software manager, and configured it. Now the weather displays properly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Weather applet issues

Post by rivenathos »

Try using the weather option in the time and date application instead. Right-click on it, choose Preferences, then add your location. Maybe that will work better. I like the mouseover readout with this method.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Hi

I have installed the new version and I have a similar problem. I previously had LMDE 9 installed and the applet was working perfectly but since the reinstall the date and time are displayed but although the weather is set to a local station it does not now display. I have tried reinstalling the applets, unlocking the panel and moving it, changing the location but to no effect.

Any other suggestions please.
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

Post by malligt »

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately it does not work. The "preferences" does show my home city, but the weather does NOT appear when mousing over as you post.

The only way I get weather to display from the gnome applet is to manually "set" my HOME location each time I log in. I guessing a recent LMDE update may be the culprit, because the weather display applet was working properly up to the Christmas holidays.
ooseven

Post by ooseven »

malligt wrote:Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately it does not work. The "preferences" does show my home city, but the weather does NOT appear when mousing over as you post.

The only way I get weather to display from the gnome applet is to manually "set" my HOME location each time I log in. I guessing a recent LMDE update may be the culprit, because the weather display applet was working properly up to the Christmas holidays.
Try hitting enter after setting up. I had the same problem.

Return to “LMDE Archive”