(Solved somewhat) slow window movement

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yim

(Solved somewhat) slow window movement

Post by yim »

hey guys and gals, have got mint 9 fluxbox installed on Aspire One 0751h with the dreaded GMA500 graphics poulsbo chipset. After installing the 2d and 3d drivers I get proper screen resolution and performance is pretty good but window movements and resizing are really sloooooow! Now if I shade the window I can move the titlebar with no problems at all. That's my problem in a nutshell, just hoping someone has an idea of what to do to fix this or improve it.

thanks for reading

yim

Came up with a solution for the slow window movement. On the fluxbox preferences I turned off opaque window movement and the movement is no longer animated but the outline of the whole window moves with mouse or touchpad until you let go and then reappears. Not the best solution but definitely better than waiting 2 to 3 seconds every time you try to move one, this way it's instantanious.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: (Solved somewhat) slow window movement

Post by Oscar799 »

Glad you found an at least partial solution :P

Return to “Software & Applications”