choosing a window manager [solved]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
pampelmoose

choosing a window manager [solved]

Post by pampelmoose »

I'm new to LMDE (just installed it today), so this is perhaps a very newbie-ish question, but :
how do I get a choice of window managers at login?

I've installed the xfce meta-package (and I'm thinking of installing the kde packages). But when I log in, there's no option on the log-in screen to let me choose between gnome and xfce window managers (like there is using kdm). Is this a gdm characteristic, or is there some way of configuring gdm to give me a choice of window managers at login?

(Sort of related [why I'm not so crazy about gnome as a window manager] : is there a way in gnome (as there is under kde) to set the mouse to single-click under gnome? This double clicking business may be popular with some of those operating systems based in seattle suburbs, but as far as I'm concerned it's a bit of a nuisance.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ShexNivis

Re: choosing a window manager

Post by ShexNivis »

After you chose the user and before you type in your password there should be on the bottom panel a combo box to chose the wm.

about double click: not sure exactly how it is in english but. Open up any folder. edit > preferences > behavior > single click to open items.
pampelmoose

Re: choosing a window manager [solved]

Post by pampelmoose »

those both worked fine...thanks a lot

Return to “LMDE Archive”