Linux Mint 10 "Julia" released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
jhpassarelli

Re: Linux Mint 10 "Julia" released!

Post by jhpassarelli »

8) Nice Release! I'm running it right now on my Acer Aspire AX1300 Desktop PC with a 320 GB HD and 3 GB of ram! Nice! 8)
Борман

Post by Борман »

Молодцы!спасибо за Linux isadora 9.0 ! Только где тут у вас Русскоязычные обитают?
sorry for may bed inglish.i need help>i need russian forum by Linux Mint.
Prescottech

Post by Prescottech »

Haven''t tried it yet, but have it downloading now
folsomlqxdf

Post by folsomlqxdf »

I have been using the RC release with no problems and will just update any 1 and 2 updates if available. Great distro this one. Thank you
noithatkientruc

Post by noithatkientruc »

ok thank's ..........................
krauser

Post by krauser »

Julia works perfect, thank you Mint Team. :wink:
barko

Post by barko »

Mint - i love your way of work really. Ubuntu is ok too, but your menus, upgrade system... upload manager, great stuff really. Great ideas! Keep good work on, i can't imagine using linux and not being on Mint, really. :)

Good stuff. Happy New Year!

Laterrrrrrrrrrrr :)
ATGJDR

Post by ATGJDR »

Hi Everyone:
I'm new to Linux Mint and running 10 Julia. about 10 years ago I played with Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake,Ubuntu and liked mostly SUSE and ended my Linux time after about 5 years of dabbling with the new release of Open SUSE 10.1 beta. I gave up then. I only heard of Linux Mint yesterday and decided to give it a try. I must say so far I am humbled by how far Linux has come. Your distribution simply works. thank you I'm considering a total move away from you know who? I am actually running on an instillation inside it went flawlessly. Even Nvidia drivers are no longer a problem 3D quick and easy... I was never a Gnome user. I liked KDE but you and Gnome i'm sure have come out of "didn't work" to now" works flawlessly"
I don't even yet know who you are but:
Thank You I'm Lovin-it
ronandiver

Post by ronandiver »

My hard drive has just corrupted Mint 9....so i'm now onto 10.....and it's great !! :D

Well done to all !! :wink:
folsomlqxdf

Post by folsomlqxdf »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 10. Linux Mint 10 New features at a glance: Welcome screen Install codecs and upgrade to the DVD edition from the welcome screen Menu Highlights newly installed applications Finds and installs software from the repositories Search engines GTK bookmarks support GTK themes support Software manager Application icons Better categorization Update manager Ignore updates Download size Upload manager UI, speed, ETA Connection test Cancel / [...]
Thanks!
tujh67yiu

Post by tujh67yiu »

The likelyhood of of a mass of updates being needed to take you from rc to full is very small, and there could even be no packages to update; the rc is after all a "release candidate" and could turn out to be the final release.
Great!
linuxangel

Post by linuxangel »

Thanks everyone for all the hard work. Congratulations to the team!
I can't wait to try the Mint 10 x64 as I have seen the great reviews for it! I really appreciate the work that went into the 64 as I know it can have its own set of issues .

Angel
newyorkpaulie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by newyorkpaulie »

Mint 8 Helena had been the best version of Linux I had ever tried. I gave 9 a shot, but had some issues. Next I tried 10 (Julia) and thought that this was going to be the new number ONE. The look is great, the apps choices excellent, but a few issues have forced me to go back to 8. My mouse pointer reverts back to the tiny default size when I run Opera (far and away my favorite browser). Also, my wireless signal strength is significantly lower using 10 and I actually have trouble making a connection sometimes at startup. I will keep trying out new distros though - can't resist tinkering!
Running Linux Mint Mate 20.3 on a T61 ThinkPad.
Steve Payne

Post by Steve Payne »

I had been running Mint 5 (Elyssa) for a while because I couldn't get my networking to cooperate. When my Linksys wireless-n bit the bullet, I went to a Motorola Wireless Gateway and gave 10 a shot -- even though I expected the same results since Elyssa. Oddly enough, it worked, I installed Julia, and the rest is history! Great job on Mint 10 to Clem and everyone else who worked on this release -- what a fantastic OS. I really don't know why anyone would use anything else -- Mint 10 rocks!!!
sudharma

Post by sudharma »

I have installed "julia" on my desktop PC along with WinXP. Great program. Works fine. Only thing is by default, Mint boots. I want to boot WinXP by default. Since i am not very familiar with Linux-10 Julia, I would appreciate any help in changing Boot default from "Julia" to "WinXP"
zombie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by zombie »

sudharma wrote:I have installed "julia" on my desktop PC along with WinXP. Great program. Works fine. Only thing is by default, Mint boots. I want to boot WinXP by default. Since i am not very familiar with Linux-10 Julia, I would appreciate any help in changing Boot default from "Julia" to "WinXP"
Install "startup-manager" from the repository
skyfire1182

Post by skyfire1182 »

I LOVE USING THIS OPERATING SYSTEM LINUX MINT 10....... i have it in my pc desktop dell dimension 4300 and Desktop ECS 671T-M3, it runs pretty good both....
dick34

Post by dick34 »

This a Super Distro. Thanks for a great job. I have LM10 running from a 8GB Thumb drive and it runs perfect. Got to love that Persistence feature, and I hope it is included on every new Distro.

Dick
Arizona
ElliveN

Post by ElliveN »

Pardon me for a tardy post but I have waited a bit as I use Mint 10 in my daily life for awhile...unscientific but perhaps pragmatic. Aaand...

It is brilliant just brilliant, elegance with a very capable distro. Congrats and gratitude to the team for such fine work.

Having been around the Linux world for a while now I believe we have something special here in the Mint Community. What good people you are Thank you again :P
timoto
Level 2
Level 2

Post by timoto »

The fastest most trouble free OS installation I've had since 1988.

This is great.

So many things just became so much easier since Isadora.

:D
[DELL M5510, i7-6820HQ, M1000M, Intel AC 8260] | [MSI Stealth 15M i7-11375H GTX3060] Mint 20.2 Xfce

Return to “Releases & Announcements”