LMDE Makes Me Happy!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
NewDisciple
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE Makes Me Happy!

Post by NewDisciple »

As the title says, LMDE makes me happy. I have been searching for an Ubuntu replacement and when the 64 bit version of LMDE came out I made my pick. It installed easily and detected all hardware. No problems.
I can't figure out where Ubuntu is going, I just don't want to go with them. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LMDE Makes Me Happy!

Post by TBABill »

Makes me happy too. It really just works well once configured and it stays out of the way. I love it! Welcome to Mint :)
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

Nice to read this, as I am happy on first 64-bit LMDE..
Just 10-12 minutes to install!
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Yep I do believe Clem has a winner :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

LMDE64 has me in a happy mood these days, as well.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
tacoz

Post by tacoz »

rivenathos wrote:LMDE64 has me in a happy mood these days, as well.
+1. And so sweet!
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

As a fellow user of the new 64bit version of LMDE, I wish to welcome you to the forums NewDisciple.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
ccroom

Post by ccroom »

I have been waiting for the 64 bit version as well. Could not have said it better about Ubuntu. i was a Ubuntu user and just did not have an idea where it was headed. LMDE 64bit is working just fine on my Dell E6400 and using a docking station.
Hillbilly

Post by Hillbilly »

I'm with you guys. LMDE 64 is the best distro for me. (been on Ubuntu for five yrs.) I'm using a Dell Studio 17 and it works great. 8)

Thanks Clem, and the Mint team.
Rafe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rafe »

Debian and Mint-- a perfect marriage. And how damn rare are those?! :D
magnusk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by magnusk »

One more happy guy here!
I've been using Linux for 6-7 years. Mostly Fedora and Ubuntu but have experimenting with Debian for a while and found that LMDE 64 gives me all the extras I want plus a friendly forum!
LMDE and Linux Mint
CiaW

Post by CiaW »

I'll echo your sentiments, except I started with Fedora but wanted something that didn't require a re-install or upgrade every 6 months or so; though I learned a lot in the process!

I wasn't thrilled with the learning curve yesterday when I was trying to set up apache2 as a localhost with a couple of virtual hosts. The Debian config files are a bit different than how it's done in Fedora or Red Hat. And the tutorials I found online such as this one: http://www.control-escape.com/web/confi ... ebian.html don't mention to add the localhost IP's and virtual host names into the /etc/hosts file, but I finally remembered that bit and now I'm a happy camper again. :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

I'm happy, I use both of them
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

+1 for Happy

Glad to see so many HAPPY Linux/Debian/Mint users, already, on this new year of 2011. :D

I have LMDE x64 on my PC and LMDE x32 on my Laptop . . . "it's all good".
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

A thread like this one is pretty exciting. Seeing three new members posting about how pleased they are with LMDE is good stuff.

Welcome to New Disciple, ccroom and Hillbilly. I'm happy you've found LMDE to be as good as it is. I'm running the 64 bit version on this machine and the 32 bit version on the machine right next to it. And I'm really pleased with how well it works on both boxes.
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

I too love LMDE x64 and would be even happier with a KDE4 DE....or a good how to on a clean install of it....

Clem has a winner, and I see it taking over the Ubuntu version.
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

theZoid wrote:and I see LMDE taking over the Ubuntu version.
Agreed.
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

NewDisciple wrote:As the title says, LMDE makes me happy. I have been searching for an Ubuntu replacement and when the 64 bit version of LMDE came out I made my pick. It installed easily and detected all hardware. No problems.
I can't figure out where Ubuntu is going, I just don't want to go with them. :D
I was one of the Alpha testers for Ubuntu (keyword---"WAS") & I DID NOT LIKE the direction that Ubuntu was taking---I had some uncomfortable interchanges with developers (to the effect "we don't care--that's the way Mark wants it & thats final!)......So I had heard that Mint was also "breaking" with Ubuntu & going Debian main---I really liked that & D/L'd the 64bit install---installed it & here I am.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

theZoid wrote:I too love LMDE x64 and would be even happier with a KDE4 DE....or a good how to on a clean install of it....

Clem has a winner, and I see it taking over the Ubuntu version.
i'm waiting for a KDE version too

and +1 on seeing (hoping) LMDE taking over the *buntu versions
paulbary

Post by paulbary »

After 10+ years of messing with various distros LDME has given me the one I want to keep ... thank you Clem and group for your expertise and vision!

Paul

Return to “LMDE Archive”