Nvidia drivers

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
seeyouentee

Nvidia drivers

Post by seeyouentee »

Hi hope someone can help me with this. I have a nvidia graphics card 8600gt but don't know how to install the drivers for it. I know lmde is a different set up to the main edition , so any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Have got it fixed thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Nvidia drivers

Post by darco »

Did you search this forum? Lots of people have asked the same question. Also there is a "sticky" on NVIDIA right above your post......
I find the sticky helpful to at least get the basic nvidia drivers installed, then I use smxi to load up the latest prop drivers...

good luck
CiaW

Re: Nvidia drivers

Post by CiaW »

I recently added the nvidia drivers using the info. on the sticky, and posted a message near the end of the thread with a couple of extra items that might be helpful, I don't have the details in front of me. There was one other nouveau file I found to remove, and you'll probably want to run the update statement in a terminal before you reboot, or write down the statements and get out to a terminal (ctrl-alt-f3, log in and sudo the statements) after you reboot to a black screen like I did. :roll:

Return to “LMDE Archive”