Hello from Maine

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ewproctor

Hello from Maine

Post by ewproctor »

Doing an install tonight of Linux Mint 10 if all goes well. I'm looking forward to it. Have used various linux distributions over the years, but wiping Windows off of the laptop tonight. :D I used to feel stuck with Windows on the system because of Netflix, but we finally got rid of it. I've still got some things I'll have to look into, ie some video sites (veetle player), kids flash games, citrix plugin for firefox would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath, DVD video creation from avi files, dvd ripping process, etc., but I feel excited to get going.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Hello from Maine

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum! If you hit any snags during your install, be sure to search the forum for similar issues. If nothing turns up, post your problem, and it will probably get taken care of quickly enough.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums ewproctor. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
ewproctor

Post by ewproctor »

Thanks all. I'm going to be using Mint as my OS, but also as a development platform for ruby on rails. I had done a nice workup on setting it up in Ubuntu using rvm and whatnot. I will try to document my experience with the install here as well, as it should be pretty similar.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello ewproctor,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358

Return to “Introduce Yourself”