Usplash screen: Call for new artwork!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Usplash screen: Call for new artwork!

Post by clem »

Hi,

As you might be aware, Linux Mint 2.1 Bea is planned to be released for mid-December. Time goes fast and one of our major concern with this release is: We still don't have a proper Linux Mint usplash screen.

If you're talented, have skills in this area, and you're willing to help, please come with some suggestions. We badly need artwork in that area.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Areo,

It has a transparent background: http://linuxmint.com/forum/images/avata ... a48f2c.gif

However, it's not of great quality.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I designed this Live CD splash last night. If you want you can use it to create a usplash theme:

http://linuxmint.com/pictures/other/splash.pcx
gramnemo
Level 2
Level 2

The question

Post by gramnemo »

At me Barbara is established! The question when will the new version I can Barbara update or I should establish again ?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Openxworld: Waoo... une menthe a l'eau !!! Faudrait ajouter des bulles pour faire un diabolo menthe :)

Tiptup300: This looks quite nice. Can you make a usplash.so and put it in a .deb ? You can look at the source code for usplash-theme-bea to see how it's done. I'd like to change the usplash for Bianca and have some green stuff instead. Can you make a green version of this as a usplash, or/and use the little green logo as well ?

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

We can talk about it on the IRC if you want. It's not that hard to put the deb together... the hard part of the job is to actually play and figure out how to use the colormap on the pictures..

... for instance, the progress bar is using a particular subset of the colormap. There's a lot of gimping in other words, not to much packaging in fact :)

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hmm... I'm not sure tiptup, the Gimp is a great tool... but if you're used to Photoshop, what can I say :)
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Or that PhotoGimp, Gimp edition. :D I've never used Photoshop and always used The Gimp, and I'm absolutely bloody useless at graphics, but thats nothing to do with the software.
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Usplash screen

Post by npap »

Tiptup300 wrote:Image

:P
Greece votes 9 points
Grece 9 point
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

I like it allot, but any chance of having the forum logo (the one in the top left just to be sure that you know the one I am talking about) incorporated? I think that would look good in the space towards the top.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: The question

Post by npap »

gramnemo wrote:At me Barbara is established! The question when will the new version I can Barbara update or I should establish again ?
Welcome Argentina,
Good to see you join the wide world of Linux. Humanity to all is the Linux moto.
Greetings
gramnemo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: The question

Post by gramnemo »

npap wrote:
gramnemo wrote:At me Barbara is established! The question when will the new version I can Barbara update or I should establish again ?
Welcome Argentina,
Good to see you join the wide world of Linux. Humanity to all is the Linux moto.
Greetings
Has just now seen your post! Thanks :)
gramnemo
Level 2
Level 2

Signature

Post by gramnemo »

At Russian forum mint will make a new theme for Bianca I then I shall publish can to you it is pleasant while is Mint User Bars Image Image Image Image . All in zip Mint User Bars

Return to “Releases & Announcements”