Brasero Not Working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Brasero Not Working

Post by laofzu »

I have been having trouble burning cds and dvds with brasero. It says it is missing two files toc2cue and cdrdao. I found cdrdao with synaptic which fixed the problem for cds, but where can I locate the toc2cue package for dvds. I tried using brasero on 3 different computers with the same problem on each. I tried installing k3b, and that worked fine. I prefer not using kde apps unless I have to, and as brasero is the default burner, it should work after intallation and updates are complete. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Brasero Not Working

Post by richyrich »

Sorry, can't help you with Brasero, as I've gotten used to installing xfburn in every distro/desktop environment I install. It's has a simple interface and does what I ask it to do.
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by laofzu »

Thanks for replying, I will have to give xfburn a trial.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Should have mentioned that it is available in the Package Manager (Synaptic).
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

toc2cue is part of cdrdao so you have it already.
It should have come in in a normal installation of brasero. I don't know if LMDE has it missing or if you had a bad burn on your DVD and so had this issue with all your machines.
burtb08

Post by burtb08 »

I agree, xfburn is the ****...
Last edited by Oscar799 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language
mikhou

Post by mikhou »

+1 for xfburn. Not as comprehensive as K3b, but I've never had a problem with xfburn and it pulls in far fewer dependencies.

I've made too many coasters with Brasero - or as I like to call it Coaster Creator.

mikhou
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by laofzu »

I found a possible solution that seems to work. I installed the following packages: wodim, cdrecord, brasero-cdrkit and cdrdao. They may not all be necessary, but now at least I can choose the option of burning to a dvd and use the properties button to change burning speed, etc.

Update!! Only brasero-cdrkit is required. Nice if this was added to the updates sent out to everyone.
Last edited by laofzu on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Thanks for sharing your solution . . good for you and your persistence ! :mrgreen:
vardomescro

Post by vardomescro »

I second adding these to updates.

cdrdao (1:1.2.3-0.1)
cue2toc (0.4-5)
brasero-cdrkit (2.30.3-1)
dvdauthor (0.6.18-1+b1)
wodim (9:1.1.10-1)

And ty for the solution! Was talking up linuxmint to my bro-in-law last night and couldn't burn him a cd. D: He'll get his cd now. :D
tacoz

Post by tacoz »

laofzu wrote:Update!! Only brasero-cdrkit is required. Nice if this was added to the updates sent out to everyone.
SWEET! Thanks!
I was about to pull my hair out. The brasero on the wife's main edition Juila-32x makes isos simple enough! But on my LMDE-64x... well... cut a long story short and say that brasero-cdrkit saved what little hair I have left! In the meantime however I discovered k3b. Damm... makes me wanna reconsider the KDE option... someday!
dimbulb1024
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dimbulb1024 »

Thank you to vardomescro and laofzu. Your information helped solve my problem.
Thinkpad X270 | I7-7600, 16GB, 4TB SSD | LM 20 & Win10 | Daily Driver
Thinkpad X260 | i5-6300, 16GB, 2TB SSD & 2TB External | LM 20 & Win10 | Home Desktop
Thinkpad T420 | i5-2500, 16GB, 500 SSD & 4TB External | LM 20 | Kodi & Streaming
aljoriz

Post by aljoriz »

Thank God for this thread it helped me greatly!
raztus

Post by raztus »

Thank you!! It was the brasero-cdrkit (which also brought down dvdauthor and wodim) which did it for me! Why didn't this come with the distribution (lmde 9/2011)?
NeoMint
Level 2
Level 2

Post by NeoMint »

I'm simply reporting, these did not work, on Debian Stable (Gnome) upgraded, for Brasero, even though the version numbers were as new, or newer than those versions posted above.

Specifically, Brasero said it was successful, and done, but I had to manualy eject the disk. Then, only the first 5, or so, pictures (JPEG) was readable, with the rest toasted.

This is (was) the best bet , that I found, by searching.

That's coaster number 3, and this is very bad, for new users.

Brasero, and file manager burning, is broken. I can't find a fix, and I'm pretty much a computer geek.

What's going on, with Brasero? Why is it the default, if it does not work?

I know, I'm heading back over to to Debian forums, but again, this was the lead candidate solution, due to the fine work here, for LMDE.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Brasero, and file manager burning, is broken. I can't find a fix, and I'm pretty much a computer geek.

What's going on, with Brasero? Why is it the default, if it does not work?
I found a link that might be of interest. It's one side of the story about why burning might be broken.
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
Rafe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rafe »

A principal reason why I look forward to the LMDE/ KDE release with k3b. Thanks for the tip on xfburn.
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Post by chiefjim »

Rafe wrote:A principal reason why I look forward to the LMDE/ KDE release with k3b. Thanks for the tip on xfburn.
Why wait? My Mint 11 Gnome runs daily with several KDE apps. Among them K3b, Kmymoney, K9copy, and Kover.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm

Return to “LMDE Archive”