Added KDE applications not showing up in menu (solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
craig10x

Added KDE applications not showing up in menu (solved)

Post by craig10x »

Hi:
Encountered a strange problem on LMDE (never happened on main edition)...I added some programs using software manager that are gnome base and they got added to the mint menu with no problem...But now i just added two KDE programs (K3b and Amarok) and while the software manager installed them and shows them as being installed, they are not showing up in mint menu...
Is there a fix for this? Suggestions will be appreciated :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Added KDE applications not showing up in menu

Post by willie42 »

try right clicking on Menu and reload Plugins and see if that helps
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

The other thing to check is :go into the control center,open "main menu" and check to dee if the apps are marked to be shown in menu ( this got me once too) :lol:
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

grey1960envoy wrote:The other thing to check is :go into the control center,open "main menu" and check to dee if the apps are marked to be shown in menu ( this got me once too) :lol:
Yep...that's what it was...i did what you suggested and when i highlighted "sound and video" both k3b and Amarok were showing but they were not CHECKED...i checked them both and viola...in the mint menu now!

That never happened on main edition but i guess LMDE still has a few "rough edges" :lol:

Thanks guys :wink:

Return to “LMDE Archive”