A theme I think I'm happy with

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alun_sundry

A theme I think I'm happy with

Post by alun_sundry »

I've spent yesterday and today adapting a theme to a painting by a friend of mine - Gill Wright to give her credit - and I think I'm happy with the results. I'm including here a gtk theme Quiet-Nodoka, which is my edit of Nodoka-Squared; a MintMenu icon*** made from overlaying the label on the leaf cut from one of the default wallpapers; and a panel background I've made and an Emerald window border. I have no Metacity border for it, that would be beyond me. :) The icon set illustrated is the fabulous default icon set for Mint 10.

If you haven't got the Nodoka engine, it's

sudo apt-get gtk2-engines-nodoka

or in Synaptic. Pardon my lack of a full installation file but hopefully the screenshot will make someone reading want to try it all out, a few minutes' work. The panel background tiles the length of the panel - put it in a folder and drag it to the panel. The white text on the panel begins after the gtk part of the theme is installed, dragged in the Appearances > Theme window. I am using a panel 25 pixels high myself, this does trim the menu icon a bit, which doesn't trouble me, but I've since made a smaller version of Merlwiz's leaf icon 25x25. ***To change the MintMenu icon if you never have, right click on it, click Preferences and then type in the folder/file path to where you've put the menu-leaf-3.png file in the box marked Button Icon.
screen.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alun_sundry

Re: A theme I think I'm happy with

Post by alun_sundry »

The Emerald border here, the wallpaper to follow, seems to be taking a while with my Mobile Broadband. Grr...
Jan 2011.emerald.tar.gz
A close up of the panel, with Merlwiz79's icon...
Last edited by alun_sundry on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
alun_sundry

Post by alun_sundry »

The wallpaper, A Saltdean Memory by Gill Wright.
alun_sundry

Post by alun_sundry »

An alternative Emerald border for the same theme.
Screenshot.png

Return to “Your Artwork”