xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
chrisannwn

xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Post by chrisannwn »

Hello,

I have some unresolved problems with gnome-power-manager in LMDE (see this topic: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59174). I would try xfce power manager instead of gnome one's. I thus installed xfce4-power-manager with synaptic and uninstall gnome-power-manager. xfce4-power-manager is marked as startup application (in startup applications gui in preferences menu - sorry if this is not the exact name, my desktop is in french), but I always need to launch it manually ($xfce4-power-manager in a terminal) after each boot to have the icon in the systray of the gnome panel. Any idea to automatically launch xfce4-power-manager at boot?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobcollard

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Post by bobcollard »

If it is just a matter of putting it in the tray, then you can install it as a Launcher on the Panel.
chrisannwn

Post by chrisannwn »

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I can install it as a Launcher. But as far as I remember, xfce power manager was automatically launched at startup if installed in ubuntu or ubuntu/gnome-based linux mint releases. The problem is that I don't know if it really starts or not at boot in LMDE...
tehfnz

Post by tehfnz »

Just disable the XFCE power manager in the Startup Programs list. Then change the command from gnome-power-manager to xfce4-power-manager in the Powe Manager deamon
chrisannwn

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot? [SOLVED]

Post by chrisannwn »

OK. It works. Thank you very much.

Return to “LMDE Archive”