New to Mint and Fluxbox, couple questions.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
b-rock

New to Mint and Fluxbox, couple questions.

Post by b-rock »

So I have been searching for a linux distro that I liked, and would run on my new netbook (wanted a new toy). I tried all the Ubuntu's and none of them ran the way I wanted on my LT25, also tried Fedora and Kuki but got same feeling. So today I tried out Mint and 2 different flavors of it. Fluxbox and lxde. of the 2 Fluxbox works the best (Using Mint 9 for LTS). I only got a couple questions...

I hate having a 24hr clock. I tried to change it but It was only changing the fluxbox one, not the mint bar one (using right click menu). How to I change the Mint bar one (the one with rounded corners)

My other question is where might I be able to find more information on how much you can do with Fluxbox, in terms of security testing and customization? cause google is not liking me today.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marshag63

Re: New to Mint and Fluxbox, couple questions.

Post by marshag63 »

Regarding clock:

Go into Thunar click ctrl-h to show hidden files,
In there youll see .tint2rc
I prefer a 12 hour clock than a 24 hour.
Change the stock clock setting were it says [clock] time1_format = %_I:%M%P this will give you a 12 hour clock. Don't forget to save.

.tint2.rc is where you can do a lot of customization.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=52491

Hope this helps. Welcome to Mint Fluxbox

MDG
b-rock

Re: New to Mint and Fluxbox, couple questions.

Post by b-rock »

Sweet.
Thanks alot. Now to have some fun.

Return to “Software & Applications”