Volume OSD is large, can we change the size/scale?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Jfryton

Volume OSD is large, can we change the size/scale?

Post by Jfryton »

The volume OSD shows up really large with a speaker icon and the gauge, is there a way to modify its scale and/or appearance?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Volume OSD is large, can we change the size/scale?

Post by rivenathos »

I noticed the OSD speaker was overly large when using Metacity Compositing. Turning the enhanced effects off put everything back to normal. I do not use Compiz, so I cannot verify it does the same thing there. This narrows down where the size issue lies, so if anyone has any further suggestions, please share.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

I have the exact same problem. I turned effects off but still the same issue. It is very larger which wouldn't be an issue except for that it pixelizes the picture of the speaker and so looks really cheasy and bad. If we could make it smaller to tighten those pixels up then it would look nice and normal. I'm running Mint 12 with Cinnamon.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

I'm not even on LM and this happens here also when I enable "desktop effects" (compiz) on OpenSUSE 11.4 / gnome 2.32.1

It must be an upstream issue.

Return to “LMDE Archive”