LMDE Refresh Rate of screen

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
alone

LMDE Refresh Rate of screen

Post by alone »

Hello guys!

In Xubuntu without any setup, in XFCE i have refresh rate for 1024x768@75HZ SAME as in Windows, i see it, becouse the border of screen matched with border of workspace. In LMDE i have too 1024x768@75HZ, but this is not same refresh rate (i know it from menu of my monitor Samsung LCD). It's near, but not same. Workspace is outside of monitor borders. Of course i can press AUTOSET button at monitor. But for more then five years i adaped for 75HZ as in Windows. I can't see not same 75Hz. Before Xubuntu i thought it's impossible to find same 75HZ as in Widows. But now i think it's possible! Can you help me, how can i "grab" my truth 75Hz (from Windows and Xubuntu) to LMDE?

P.S. I'am newbie in *nix, but i have experience with computer from time of MS-DOS 3.3, before windows 3.1 even.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LMDE Refresh Rate of screen

Post by grimdestripador »

75Hz is only one of the refresh rates.

Check both the horizontal and vertical refresh rates. Once you have found the two number ranges in windows, transport them over to xorg.conf or use nvidia-settings to enter them.

Bonus:
The following reading tells how the signal would be created with hardware using VHDL.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/4559939/VGA-V ... Generation
alone

Re: LMDE Refresh Rate of screen

Post by alone »

Thanx you! It' seems to me, i have solve the problem with 75 hz, OK
But now i trying to TOTALLY disabling Font Smoothing. May be you know, how can it possible?

Thanx you

Return to “LMDE Archive”