Rugby World Cup 2007

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Rugby World Cup 2007

Post by clem »

I'm disgusted :cry:

What a match though. I can't believe Argentina was a 3rd seed. One of the best team I've seen in a long time. A well deserved victory for them and fair play to France, although favorite in this match, for defending so well against them.

The score gap is not too bad. France will now need to hammer Ireland and hope Argentina wins all their games.

For the best, a tough match against the All Blacks right after the 1st round.

Chances for France to win the World Cup were greatly diminished tonight...

Note: Heymans needs to be replaced. Congrats to Chabal for an exceptional performance.

Clem
this is sports at its best... and yet such a disappointment.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigdee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bigdee »

The performance of the present WORLD CHAMPIONS today was truly depressing. They will not be champions for much longer I fear. :cry:
DAVID
Kladiator
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kladiator »

Clem, I don't understand one thing: isn't still possible for France to top the pool with a victory (with bonus point) over Ireland and a defeat for Argentina against
the Irish team?
And I have another question for you: I have read somewhere the the opening game in Saint-Denis has been watched by 14 million people in France but how does this figure compare with the audience for soccer games in your (former?) country?
And what about the interest for the RWC in Ireland, where rugby, despite the massive support for Munster, is not the main sport?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Rugby is big in Ireland and in France, especially now with this World Cup. Interest is high in France also due to the fact that the World Cup is organized at home and that France won the soccer World Cup in 1998 the last time this happened, so there are a lot of expectations.

To qualify France will need to win against Ireland and hope that Ireland wins against Argentina... this would bring the 3 teams on an equal number of wins and France could hope to take the lead thanks to bonus points, number of points difference or even number of tries... another scenario would be to see Argentina win over Ireland, this would give France a second place and have it qualified.. but they would immediately face the All Blacks in the 1/4 then... :)

It's too soon to make predictions I guess. Let's wait until Friday and see what France does against Ireland.

Clem
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

They did it!!! Great match!
Kladiator
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kladiator »

Hi Phil,

I watched the game on TV5 Europe yesterday (unfortunately I don't understand French at all) and it was a battle of rare intensity, but I wouldn't describe it as great IMHO.
The '99 semifinal at Twickenham, that was a great game!

Anyway I hope France can stun the All Blacks once again in the quarter finals, although I fear that New Zealand (or should it be called simply Oceania, given the number of Samoa, Tonga and Fiji players they poach?) this time is almost unbeatable.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

England 12 Australia 10 - bye bye skippy :P

England Vs France in semi-final in Paris ?????
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Oui monsieur ! :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Ok, it wasn't exactly like in 1999 but hey.. they won and that's what matters :)
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

WAOUOUOUOU!!! They did it!!!

and in the soccer French Championship, METZ - STRASBOURG 1 - 2

Oh guys, the good night I had :D
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

clem wrote:
Oui monsieur ! :)
I enjoy Linux Mint but as an Englishman living in France not as much as England beating France in Paris in a World Cup semi-final :D

Lets hope for a memorable game - Northern hemisphere Rugby is not dead :!:
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

ah ah :)

I keep thinking France is going to meet Argentina again :) Will it be in the final or in the 3rd place final?

France will be favorite against England, but France-England has often been bad news for us... bitter defeats and people in white jerseys telling us "good game" in the end of the match....

This is going to be cruel for one of us :)
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

Lets hope for a memorable game - Northern hemisphere Rugby is not dead Exclamation
i think that was already proved in the last round :) if we can beat the aussies were good to go against anyone :)

C'MON ENGLAND!!!!
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

This is just so typical isn't it? Beating the World favorite and doing miserably the match after that... I just knew it, I should have put money on these two games...

Well done England, good luck in the final.

Clem
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

Merci Clem,
The French played well but..... not well enough !

I am so pleased and surprised that we are still WORLD CHAMPIONS !

For England, Harry and St George !

Bring it ON !!!!!!
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

ImageImage
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

wow, that was a waste of eyesight.......

I really really really dislike that flag. no particular reason. Just big and OTT imo. :roll:

I much prefer our union flag...........
lol.

Also, I bet we lose vs South Africa...........

---edit---

And it's
GOD for england blah blah blah.

Return to “Open Chat”