LXDE on LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Kelley_Green

LXDE on LMDE?

Post by Kelley_Green »

I was wondering if anyone has tried putting LXDE on top of LMDE?
I got the idea after reading this blog post. (under conclusion)
http://www.thefridayblog.com/linux/the- ... Conclusion

Kelley
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: LXDE on LMDE?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I tried it when LMDE first came out. It worked fairly well but some of the Gnome desktop functions and controls bled through. When I tried to get rid of Gnome, I went too far and borked the entire install.

You can try it if you want, just be aware that what you will get is not pure LXDE, but an LXDE-Gnome hybrid.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

Heck I had Windows bleeding through when I installed KDE on LMDE. I'm sure I'd prefer to deal with GNOME :lol: There's nothing stopping you from installing every DE available, you just may need to jump through some hoops.
joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

randomizer wrote:Heck I had Windows bleeding through when I installed KDE on LMDE. I'm sure I'd prefer to deal with GNOME :lol: There's nothing stopping you from installing every DE available, you just may need to jump through some hoops.
If you don't deal with gnome, the OS will try to uninstall it's whole self....lol. But, I'll find a way to get back to a decent KDE....(in LMDE) :lol:
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro
xircon

Post by xircon »

I have LXDE installed, works fine, I set up another user because as one of the previous posters stated all my Gnome settings interfered and bled through. The only problem I have is tap to click doesn't work, but I haven't investigated.

Return to “LMDE Archive”