Interesting Wallpaper daemon.....

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
autocrosser

Interesting Wallpaper daemon.....

Post by autocrosser »

For those of us that like earth-centric images, I just found a VERY interesting bit of software.... http://mein-neues-blog.de/xplanetFX/ Uses xplanet with a very nice gui & updates the image on a regular basis...not too many depends & it only taps the cpu when it renders a new image.....I'm running it now...looks very nice. The screenshot is Heaven:clean
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
resuni

Re: Interesting Wallpaper daemon.....

Post by resuni »

Looks really cool. I'm trying it but can't get the position of the Earth to change from default to Denver. I'm using Watch: Green btw.
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

Try Settings tab & search in browser for your Longitude/Latitude--put them into the boxes at the top---thats how I found the settings for my location....
resuni

Post by resuni »

autocrosser wrote:Try Settings tab & search in browser for your Longitude/Latitude--put them into the boxes at the top---thats how I found the settings for my location....
Yeah, I tried that and it says it's using those settings but the actual position on the desktop stays default.
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

Interesting....I rechecked my settings & you only get the first 3 digits in the field---mine is -122 x 42 (its not allowing the point either), so you can't get "real" exact---but at the altitude you're looking from wont make much of a difference either......
resuni

Post by resuni »

autocrosser wrote:Interesting....I rechecked my settings & you only get the first 3 digits in the field---mine is -122 x 42 (its not allowing the point either), so you can't get "real" exact---but at the altitude you're looking from wont make much of a difference either......
Yeah, but no matter what latitude and longitude I set it to, it remains at default.
*** EDIT ***
Nevermind, I wasn't saving. :P
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

Cool--glad you got it.
axxer

Post by axxer »

nice share.. thanks :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”