Is Sid working for you?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
autocrosser

Is Sid working for you?

Post by autocrosser »

Just wondering how many people are using Sid sources & if there are any problems?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tec_wiz

Re: Is Sid working for you?

Post by tec_wiz »

Running Sid since October, no issues here.
zombie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by zombie »

No problem here. It is a good idea to install apt-listbugs and update with SMXI
axxer

Post by axxer »

using lmde with sid's repo and applying all updates to level 5 since october. never got any major problem, just minor one with dependency :D
lepadatu.lucian

Post by lepadatu.lucian »

Same here, i'm running sid on LMDE amd64 since december and there were no major issues. Probably in april, when squeeze comes out there will be some problems but i'm sure they'll be fixable.
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

short warning though. while testing is frozen, sid of course isn't but it kind of is too. Seems people ar ediscouraged to make any major changes to unstable in that period so that potential fixes for testing can be tested better. That is, for example, why sid still has the 2.6.32 kernel....
So if your sid experience is LMDE-only consider that since the lmde release sid hasn't quite "been it itself".
Apart from that of course lots of people are running sid pure and have been for years but I do expect they had a stepping stone or two in that time. I personally only tried sid on my spare partition and not very long (2 monhts of sidux and maybe one month of pure debian. - didn't end because of problems though - just got curious and decided to play with other things on that partition)
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

+1 running sid since late september with no glitches
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

Sounds good---that's all I needed to hear ;) I'll get up to speed tonight (I'm at work right now)....Thanks Mates!!!!!

Return to “LMDE Archive”