How do I install LMDE10 using compatibility mode?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
omynos

How do I install LMDE10 using compatibility mode?

Post by omynos »

Hello peoples!

First off, I've been using Linux variants for a couple of years now, so I'm not sure if I qualify as a newbie or not...

I've always been able to use the LiveCD before, now I'm having problems. The md5 is good, the .iso was verified, the cd integrity was checked. All things go.

But with LMDE10, it just hangs at the splash screen, when I boot from compatibility mode, everything is fine.
(Note: I did get the respin, the one re-created in January.)

Please don't tell me to go to the link where I have to download the .pdf file. Right now I'm stuck using my PS3 browser to research this, so I cannot read .pdf, .odf, or any text files which I have to download. Furthermore, I cannot read any online .pdf files either.

I will repeat this: I cannot read any .pdf, .odf, or .txt files on my PlayStation 3. So do not refer me to the link with the .pdf guide.

How do I install LMDE10 using compatibility mode? Many thanks for an http://link.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
allypink

Re: How do I install LMDE10 using compatibility mode?

Post by allypink »

[quote="omynos"]Hello peoples!

First off, I've been using Linux variants for a couple of years now, so I'm not sure if I qualify as a newbie or not...

I've always been able to use the LiveCD before, now I'm having problems. The md5 is good, the .iso was verified, the cd integrity was checked. All things go.

But with LMDE10, it just hangs at the splash screen, when I boot from compatibility mode, everything is fine.
(Note: I did get the respin, the one re-created in January.)]

Download the latest spin (2011-1) the 2010-12 had issues. Check out the threads.
(oops did not read your post properly. I withdraw the suggestion) :?
Al.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Moved to Editions > LMDE Subforum

Your recent duplicate thread has been removed. I've bumped this one since it already had a response.
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

First thing first. There is no such thing as LMDE10..................

Return to “LMDE Archive”