MintMenu (probable) Bug

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
aaro

MintMenu (probable) Bug

Post by aaro »

I'm using mintmenu preferences to give transparency. At startup transparency look like this:
After pressing 'reload plugins' mintmenu option it shows correctly:
Any way to execute the 'reload plugins' function from terminal so i can execute it in a startup script?
Any help appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aaro

Re: Mintmenu transparency issue

Post by aaro »

This problem is also present without transparency. The 'places' and 'system' menu plugins appear with white background. I'm using 'darlooks' theme for the menu. After pressing 'reload plugins' it fixes itself. I think this is definitely a bug. The bug thread for LMDE is locked so i hope developers can see this post and can check this.
Habitual

Re: MintMenu (probable) Bug

Post by Habitual »

Have you tried changing themes?
aaro

Re: MintMenu (probable) Bug

Post by aaro »

Ok, made some more tests. The problem is present only when you set a theme for mintmenu different from desktop theme. May be someone can try it so this can be confirmed as a bug and therefore be fixed. By the way this can be more noticeable when selecting a menu theme that is opposite (in terms of light/dark background of the menu) from desktop theme. And remember you must restart after changing the menu theme.

Return to “LMDE Archive”