mint4win julia 64bit on vista laptop

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bensoliman

mint4win julia 64bit on vista laptop

Post by bensoliman »

i ran the mint4win exe file from a live usb that had julia 64
the laptop hardisk still had a large chunk of space and we opted to alot 10gb
added the username and password then proceeded to install
after waiting during the installation process, i did not notice that the installation window was already gone
checked the add or remove programs list and it already had linux mint
but when we did a reboot it would not go to the bootloader and would load vista by default

i would really like for this to work since i have been impressing upon my coworker the benefits of using mint
nothing seems out of the blue, we just don't get the bootloader where you choose to boot vista or julia
any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cpatrick08

Re: mint4win julia 64bit on vista laptop

Post by cpatrick08 »

just uninstall julia from add and remove programs and try again seems strange that it just went away you could also try talking to somebody in mint support on the irc application
bensoliman

Re: mint4win julia 64bit on vista laptop

Post by bensoliman »

yes, removed mint after we could not get it to to run at startup
we tried booting it from a USB live session first to test if mint will run, which ran great btw
one big reason why he doesn't want to reformat his laptop is because he might lose the hardware functionality

I forgot to mention that he has an HP laptop tablet with vista pre-installed
it has a rotating touch screen and a small remote that shoots in the side for media playing
I have yet to try troubleshooting for hardware such as these

Return to “Installation & Boot”