Tested Gnome 3 + PackageKit in LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Tested Gnome 3 in LMDE

Post by tdockery97 »

You make it look good ikey. But I think I'd still be happier staying with 2.32
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Post by jesica »

nice work
xircon

Post by xircon »

I successfully built Gnome 3, following the instructions on their site and either omgubuntu or webupd8 blog (can't remember which) it compiled OK but just will not run. Am posting this from my cheapo scroll tablet, so cannot remember exact error, how did you manage it?
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Tested Gnome 3 + PackageKit in LMDE

Post by rivenathos »

ikey, you live life on the edge. I am not as brave as you. Looks like I shall wait for it to show up eventually in Testing.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

FUN!!!!! I was planning to add another install this weekend to track experimental....xulrunner 1.9.2 is not even in sid (and that is needed to build Gnome-Shell from source)--You just gave me the extra push to get it done.....I'll post here when it's done..... :)
xircon

Post by xircon »

Added experimental, installed Gnome-Shell, launched with gnome-shell --replace and boom straight back to log-in screen. Shame I really like it, runs fine on my crappy netbook (Ubuntu 10.10). Got it to run on Mandriva before I jumped ship to LMDE, but have never got it to run on this machine on any Debian based distro :(

My machine is a Dell Inspiron N5010 / Core i5 / ATI Mobile HD5000 series card (which I suspect is the problem).
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

hrm is this just the gui and using apt-get or is it completely different package-management alltogether?

Return to “LMDE Archive”