Bug in Cassandra KDE final - the installer

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Bug in Cassandra KDE final - the installer

Post by Husse »

Clem has confirmed the bug and posted a workaround
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=30
This is only if you use manual partitioning.

Edit// An edition where this is fixed is now on the download mirrors/

Clem wrote:
There is a workaround for the bug in the installer. Since the bug is not in Ubiquity itself but in the KDE frontend, the solution is to use the Gnome frontend itself:

Code:

sudo apt-get install ubiquity-frontend-gtk
sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-frontend-kde
sudo ubiquity

Clem
That is - instead of double clicking the installer give the above commands in a terminal
NOTE: You will probably get some error message in the terminal (Konsole in KDE) about some input device - ignore it (them)
Do NOT close Konsole - it must be open as long as the installer runs.

This bug must be fixed by Ubuntu and was unfortunately not discovered in time, it can't be fixed by Mint :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
georgeg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by georgeg »

How do you open console in the middle of an install? Do you open console from within the Mint Live, run the commands and then start the install?
davidwillis
Level 2
Level 2

Post by davidwillis »

georgeg wrote:How do you open console in the middle of an install? Do you open console from within the Mint Live, run the commands and then start the install?
That last line will start the install for you. So just boot up the live cd, open up a terminal, run those command, and complete the rest of the install as normal.
georgeg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by georgeg »

davidwillis wrote:
That last line will start the install for you. So just boot up the live cd, open up a terminal, run those command, and complete the rest of the install as normal.

I tried that but when I got into the install, it failed. Subsequent install attempts from the same loading of the live CD wouldn't even start the install, so I guess its back to the Gnome version.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well - it works - I installed that way, but in all honesty the live CDs generally are a bit "shaky"
davidwillis
Level 2
Level 2

Post by davidwillis »

it might not be a bad idea to make an install only disk (not a live cd).
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Ralvi,

Which mirror did you refer to? Also, always make sure to check the MD5 before burning the ISO.

Clem

Return to “Installation & Boot”