LMDE AWESOMENESS

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
timmer1240

LMDE AWESOMENESS

Post by timmer1240 »

Ive been using Linux for about a year now was Using Ubuntu 9.10 I decided to give Mint a test ride All I can say is Im really happy with it so far very very very good distro!I liked it so Much I wiped my drive and installed LMDE exclusively!Don't get me wrong I still love Ubuntu its a really good distro but I like that this is a rolling release so its always up to date thanks to all the developers for this Great OS seems funny to me you have to pay for Microsoft and Mint is free Ide rather run Mint!This distro is a Keeper!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: LMDE AWESOMENESS

Post by dagon »

Yeah, I'm about to try LMDE but I'm afraid I'll end up just trying out distros instead of actually using the computer. :)
GSXR750L

Post by GSXR750L »

timmer1240 you are another wise person who has escaped the Slavery of the Microsoft Pyramid System :wink:
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum
Beerdrinker

Post by Beerdrinker »

Welcome to the forums - and thanks for a great introduction!
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint forums, timmer1240
dagon wrote:Yeah, I'm about to try LMDE but I'm afraid I'll end up just trying out distros instead of actually using the computer. :)
"Tinkering with the OS . . . it's what we do." :lol:
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums. LMDE Rocks!
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello timmer1240,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat you can also join #linuxmint-debian from there
Have fun with Mint
timmer1240

Post by timmer1240 »

Coming from Ubuntu Ive had some experience with linux I actually was going to put LMDE in place of windows 7 but screwed up when I repartitioned Now LMDE owns my drive and you know what I love it Im right at home runs great so Im staying with it!I was on Karmic Koala 9.10 which is a great version of Ubuntu but its support will be ending soon so it was time to upgrade anyhow so Ill give Mint a try and I love it so far!Great forums and great distro glad I switched!I will take Mint over Windows 7 anyday!
timmer1240

Post by timmer1240 »

Coming from Ubuntu Ive had some experience with linux I actually was going to put LMDE in place of windows 7 but screwed up when I repartitioned Now LMDE owns my drive and you know what I love it Im right at home runs great so Im staying with it!I was on Karmic Koala 9.10 which is a great version of Ubuntu but its support will be ending soon so it was time to upgrade anyhow so Ill give Mint a try and I love it so far!Great forums and great distro glad I switched!I will take Mint over Windows 7 anyday!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”