when will LMDE iso be updated

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dante19992

when will LMDE iso be updated

Post by dante19992 »

the description of LMDE states the iso will be updated occasionally and im wondering when do u guyz think it will be and if it is will it include an updated kernel and jazz like that? id imagine it would be shortly after Debian 6 is released as stable right?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: when will LMDE iso be updated

Post by dawgdoc »

The original LMDE image was released as a 32 bit DVD in Sept 2010.
Since then it was released as a 32 bit and 64 bit DVDs in Dec 2010.
Another 32 bit image was released in Jan 2011.

I believe the kernel is updated in each of the newer images. It is still 2.6.32-xxx, so the same kernel with updates. (I think this is correct, and the cause of 32 bit boot issues with the 201012 32 bit DVD, thereby necessitating the 201101 32 bit DVD image.) The next newer kernel will not appear until after Squeeze goes stable and Debian opens the testing repositories again.

My guess would be that LMDE developers will not release a new image for a couple of months. I think they will wet the flood of new packages hit the testing repositories and settle down before they try working on a new image.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

dawgdoc wrote:My guess would be that LMDE developers will not release a new image for a couple of months. I think they will wet the flood of new packages hit the testing repositories and settle down before they try working on a new image.
I am in total agreement with this.

Let the new 'testing' version of Debian Wheezy to be released and 'all the new' updated/upgraded packages to be tested and added -- first. A couple months after this, seems like a viable time, for a new release of LMDE?

And then, we will see which newer 'stable' kernel the Debian Devs/Maintainers use? 2.6.36.2 or 2.6.37?

New DE's > Will Gnome 3 finally make the grade? And what about the new (exciting) Xfce-4.8 desktop?

Either way, I see 2011 to be an exciting year for Linux/GNU and the FREE Operating System.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

damn well i hope its soon. i love LMDE but i cant use it for all the glitches the kernel gives me and liquorix keeps screwing me over with LMDE (not with julia tho). when squeeze goes stable will the new kernel be in the testing repos? and if so can i just enable lvl 4 and 5 updates to get it?
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

@dante19992 You can add a new kernel yourself. And not use the Liquorix Kernel.

This is usually, how I add a new updated kernel, for myself ... I use only Debian and I don't use the Liquorix Kernel.

Just follow the original post in this thread > http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40185

And from the 'ppa' site select which version of the kernel you want?

The Ubuntu PPA site uses the original/generic/vanilla Linux Kernel. The Ubuntu PPA kernels come as a .deb file.
These generic kernels work well with Debian.

Or you can be adventurous and compile/build your own kernel from > http://kernel.org
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

oki ill just try the vanilla one. i cant compile squat so yha. just first gotta find out if frickelplatz ever fixed the wine-gecko problem with his repo or if lamaresh has (finally) been updated

Return to “LMDE Archive”