Update crashed my locale language settings

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Inoki

Update crashed my locale language settings

Post by Inoki »

Hi folks,

after today's update I completely lost the translation of my Mint 10 Julia x64 bit, meaning, I rebooted and all appeared in English on both my laptop and desktop installing today's updates, not sure which though.

When I check languages it says Slovak is installed and the spell check also but I can't choose them. Any help around here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Inoki

Re: Update crashed my locale language settings

Post by Inoki »

bump, lads, i need this >.>
Inoki

Post by Inoki »

still nobody? >.> i need this guys, i don't believe it's only me who lost his locale settings coz of an update. actually, this is the first update from linux mint (non-kernel related) that caused some trouble on my system.
wanpakboy

Post by wanpakboy »

borked my japanese too.
Inoki

Post by Inoki »

so, anybody to help us? i can't believe an issue like this remains unfixed. that is unacceptable. imagine somebody who doesn't speak proper english and needs their system localized. would eventually cause them to abandon mint and either go for another distro or abandon linux completely.
Inoki

Post by Inoki »

i've tried re-installing mintupdate and slovak lang packs but didn't help. at the login screen i get an error message in the bottom where you used to change your language settings, it says unspecified ANSI 3.4 1987 or something. any help?
Inoki

Post by Inoki »

ok so any ideas? this is really disturbing you know. sadly i can't just re-install my system, because i've got a faulty cd-rom and it doesn't read discs most of the times.

anybody care to make a bootable usb with XFCE or LXDE preferably for me and upload the files somewhere? but Mint 10 please.
xaty

Post by xaty »

I don't know if i would be useful but I think I might help... Open menu >settings>system settings>language support .. add your language ... make sure it is first on the list and than push the button below. Go to next tab set your language from the fall-down menu and push the button below... I think it would help.
Inoki

Post by Inoki »

Well, this post is over a year old. Someone should close this topic, as I am not even using Mint anymore.

Return to “Software & Applications”