Xfce 10 Julia Development(Update Feb 3)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Xfce 10 Julia Development(Update Feb 3)

Post by merlwiz79 »

Last month has been so crazy that I don't even have a dev iso 100% made yet.
I do have a good amount done though.

My wife has been having appointments almost every week day.
Only 3 week days that didn't have an appointments.
Some even had 2 appointments.

We ended up being 5 minutes late to one of her appointments because of a flat tire.
We called to tell them we would be late and they denied ever getting a call.
They wrote her down as a no show and then canceled her appointment.
They had to reschedule her and almost delayed everything else cause of it.
Lucky they got 1 opening this month or it would have been much later.

Also the accident seems to has caused my wife to have more pain and lose all the opening that the surgery gave her.
It also doesn't help that one of here doctors tells her it's all in her head.
They tried to tell her that last time and it wasn't.
Her flights got canceled and she couldn't go see what's causing her mouth to lose her opening.
She can barely open her mouth and now people at work are spreading rumors about her health.
They also are saying that she isn't going to her appointments.

Hopefully I will work on the iso this weekend. :|
Last edited by merlwiz79 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canci

Post by canci »

Stop caring about what others think, and stop thinking that much about the release if there are more pressing things at stake. Save your energy for your wife's health! Good luck in your struggle!

Really, the release can wait, and if someone wants Xfce on Mint, they can just as well install the Gnome edition, remove a few packages and install Xfce. Not like it's rocket science.

All the best...
rzlatic

Post by rzlatic »

man, we're all so sorry to hear that!
make the iso when you have the time and energy. she needs you now; don't waste any minute as her health and your support is more important than any iso :) we're all with you both and wishing the best!
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

Merlwiz,

Don't let the iso take control of your life. Take care of your wife. Her needs are much more important than our wants.

We will keep you in our prayers.

God Bless You,
Dave
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

merlwiz79 wrote:UPDATE: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 10#p378010
It's been busy for me and my wife.
She had her left jaw joint replaced.
They said it was bone on bone and she has a 50% chance of her other joint needing to be replaced.

I have installed Xubuntu 10.10 and started working on the packages.
Well, I hope they didn't charge you as a "no show".
Family first, releases second, or third.
thetall82

Post by thetall82 »

MerlWiz don't worry about the iso... as others said, do it when you have time and energy for it. Family comes first!

Best wishes to you and your wife, "in bocca al lupo!" as we say here in Italy

Giorgio
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

canci wrote:Stop caring about what others think.
It wouldn't be that bad but they are telling lies about her to people that are in charge and to her doctors.

Yesterday her pain meds weren't working and she had to go to the ER to get 2 shots.
The doctors she got transfered to can't see her until later this month so they couldn't help.
None of the doctors she has seen before would help her so she had to go to the ER for help with the pain.
Then she got less time off then people who also get 1 of the shots she got.
She got off early today but that never happens unless a doctor says so, even though other coworkers just leave whenever they have pain.
She is on the meds then any other coworker but they don't think she has much pain cause she doesn't complain as much as the others.

Most of the time I only work when she is sleeping.
canci

Post by canci »

:( Honestly, tell those people to rainbows off if they are spreading lies about her! And if your doctors base their assessment on rumours, then I can't really think of them as good scientists in any way. I assume you are from the US? You do pay a lot of money for health care, so why bear up with shitty service like that? It must be hard to work and live through that. I honestly hope you will overcome this! Good luck!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

canci wrote::( Honestly, tell those people to ^^^^ off if they are spreading lies about her! And if your doctors base their assessment on rumours, then I can't really think of them as good scientists in any way. I assume you are from the US? You do pay a lot of money for health care, so why bear up with !!!! service like that? It must be hard to work and live through that. I honestly hope you will overcome this! Good luck!
She works in a hospital and I wish it were that easy but it's not.
Telling anyone off would only get her in trouble and maybe some money taken out of her pay.
The health and dental care are free.

The 1st dev iso was 749MBs but I haven't finished trimming it down.
Just testing to make sure that all of the settings are working and to get a list of what's installed that needs removed.
classic

Post by classic »

Sorry to hear about your wife's troubles. Having "non standard" health problems myself, and only met disbelief in the standard healthcare system, I abandoned that 2 years ago, and joined the naturopathic medical "system". This has made me 80% better, and I'm still recovering. I would strongly suggest this route, if you are ready, and willing. Unfortunately orthodox western medicine have little to offer, but disease management. They don't cure anyone, quite the opposite. As a linux person, I'm sure you are willing to think "outside the box". Oh, and family is more important than some bits and bytes. :)

Linux Mint rocks. I'm glad to have found this distro..such a delight after having abandoned the Linux community for the past decade, and trapped in the Windows world.
Patriot Henry

Post by Patriot Henry »

Also the accident seems to has caused my wife to have more pain and lose all the opening that the surgery gave her.
It also doesn't help that one of here doctors tells her it's all in her head.
They tried to tell her that last time and it wasn't.
I am sorry to hear of these troubles.

I am not a medical professional but I do know a few things most medical professionals don't know. There is a very good chance your wife might be suffering from "trigger points", which in my non-professional language is simply a muscle knot. This causes pain, sometimes "referred pain" where the pain is felt in a remote location from the trigger point, and it also causes muscles to stop working. The bad news is that if this is the problem it's painful and troublesome. The good news is that it's easy to diagnose and easy to treat, albeit painfully so. I would recommend looking into this possibility, the science documenting it goes back to the 1950s but most doctors still don't know about it probably due to the fact that Big Pharma and doctors aren't needed to treat it. My jaw muscles were almost completely immobilized after having the wisdom teeth removed, a few days of massage therapy restored the mobility. Surgery is one of the causes of trigger points.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_point

I highly recommend this book to all human beings:
http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-The ... 1572243759

I have a pirated copy that I can send if you can't afford the book. You might also be able to find it at your local library.
Nick_Djinn

Post by Nick_Djinn »

Pain is under treated in the USA. Its really sad. People worry more about the stigma of "drugs" than they do about the suffering of human beings. People are brainwashed, and celebrity abuse doesnt help pain patients who actually need them.....still, that is no justification whatsoever not to give somebody in pain the benefit of the doubt.

Some people order 'poppy pods'. Many people sell them as ornamentals for flower arrangements. If you accept the broken pods they are available at a discount.

Pods are serious drugs. Its dried opium + some other stuff like higher concentrations of thebaine in the skin and walls of the pod. Its every bit as strong as raw opium, and can make your pain go away for 12 to 72 hours.....1 pod pulverized into powder and added to warm, but not boiling, water. Boiling destroys the morphine, but heat releases it from the powder. Add fresh lemon juice with vitamin C in it. Start with 1 small pod and work your way up.

This is not illegal in all countries, but check your local laws before taking this advice. These pods are available online. If you are importing cross international borders, always use private and not state run shipping companies.
aljoriz

Post by aljoriz »

Mint 11 Katya is almost here but I am still sticking with Mint Main 9 xfce. Merlwiz79 really did a good job! I still love using 9 xfce.

I tried Mint Debian Xfce but updating and checking for possible breakages is headache but I do admit using it is a great learning experience.

What I'm trying to say is that I will stick to using Mint 9 to its last breath until then Make mine mint 9 xfce :lol:
Nick_Djinn

Post by Nick_Djinn »

Debian edition will be more polished by then. Im trying to encourage Mint team to include a limited amount of Ubuntu-esque tools for debian edition, starting with better default settings for fonts.
arom2k11

Post by arom2k11 »

merlwiz79...
I have a wonderful time tickling and playing with LM9 XFCE (it is blazing fast), but the problem is I cannot connect with my router using my usb wifi adaptor. I do not have any problem with LM10 with my Ralink usb wifi adaptor. I have search the web for work around but the only viable solution i can find is upgrade the kernel of mint 9 to the kernel of mint 10. Could anyone out there teach me how will I do that? Again, I do not have an internet connection when I log on to mint 9 xfce. If it is possible to have it as detailed as possible... By the way, I am currently in dual boot with windows 7.
Thank you

PS I'm a little bit of a newbie in linux.

Return to “Xfce”