Mintmenu repo differences.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
viking777

Mintmenu repo differences.

Post by viking777 »

I have been having trouble with mintmenu being very slow to start up recently, I went to reinstall it and it said it could not be reinstalled as it was no longer available.

Investigating this further I found that it you look on packages.linuxmint.com it has mintmenu 5.1.6 (which is the one I have installed) but if you look on packages.linuxmint-fr.net (the repo I am using at the moment) it only has mintmenu 4.9.9.

I wondered which is the correct version for LMDE?

I am going to try 4.9.9 again anyway to see if it prevents the long delay at boot up. I will let you know if it makes any difference.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Mintmenu repo differences.

Post by viking777 »

After I removed 5.1.6, synaptic found 5.1.3 so I tried that then 4.9.9. They all take ages to start up, between 30 and 65 seconds after the rest of the desktop has loaded. So there is not a lot to choose between them. 4.9.9 was the quickest, but it has horrible blocky icons and takes up a quarter of the screen so that is not really the best option. I will stick with 5.1.3 I guess as 5.1.6 is not available on -fr.net repo.
cwsnyder

Re: Mintmenu repo differences.

Post by cwsnyder »

In my (American English) install of mintmenu, it is 5.1.6.

Return to “LMDE Archive”