update murrine engine?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dante19992

update murrine engine?

Post by dante19992 »

my favorite gtk2 theme requires murrine engine >= 0.98 but i cant find it. anyone know where i can get it? i have LMDE 64bit which comes with murrine 0.90.3 and doesnt seem to wanna update it. i know its on hadrets ppa but i cant get the gpg key its being a jerk
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: update murrine engine?

Post by dawgdoc »

I found this
Yeah, 0.98 is packaged, just not uploaded. There's not much point in
uploading it now, at freeze time.

> Just about all of the interesting murrine themes I've found for XFCE
> or gnome have required at least 0.98.x , so I really think people
> would benefit quite a bit from a new version.
here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600825
Since Squeeze goes stable today/tomorrow depending on your time zone, if it is in unstable or experimental it may be moving up relatively soon. I will see if I can find it in experimental and report back.

Another option would be compiling from source: http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/gnome. ... rine/0.98/
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i cant compile. everytime i ask someone says i dont really need to kno and then no one replies. also what time and date and timezone is debian squeeze set to be released?
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Checking at the debian package search site: http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages
I see that Sid (unstable) had murrine 0.90.3-2 in alpha in the i386 and amd64 architectures
In experimental there is 0.98.1.1-1: alpha for the same two architectures.

There is no testing repository at the moment, Squeeze just went stable and no packages have graduated into testing yet.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

so itll probly be in the next few days then. in a massive (and terrifying) rush of updates that will likely doom us all to a painful digital death MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (overly dramatic much?)

EDIT: sorry about the wierdness its late i just drank enough redubul to KILL a red bull.
TheGreatSudoku

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

I'm running LMDE64, but using sid repositories (I'm impatient, testing takes too long).

My work-around was to download gtk2-engines-murrine_0.98.1.1-2_amd64.deb from the packages.debian.org website and install it manually. Once I installed the gtk2-engines package, murrine-themes updated normally through apt/synaptic. I'm guessing this shouldn't break any functionality for future mint-artwork-debian updates (not sure how version specific the dependency is).

Not that it matters much as I'm not currently using a murrine theme, but nice to know I have the option to down the road.

Return to “LMDE Archive”